Promise

I woke up the next morning and felt around for Kaneki. He wasn't there though. I sat up and rubbed my eyes groggily. Where did he go this time? I stretched my arms and let out a long yawn. I then stood up from the bed and began to head towards the door. It began to open before I reached it, and like Déjà vu, Kaneki stepped in with a tray in his hands.

He perked up when he saw me awake. "Ah, you're awake (Y/N). Good morning, I hope you had a good nights sleep. I brought some breakfast." He went to the coffee table and set the tray upon it. "We also have to talk, so get comfortable, ok?"

I smiled at him. "Sure, and thank you." I then grabbed a blanket from the bed and sat down on the couch, wrapping myself within the blanket. "What do you want to talk about Kaneki?" I grabbed a mug and sipped from it. It was my favorite kind of coffee.

Kaneki's smile faded and he faced me directly. "Well, (Y/N), as you heard on the news lately many more ghoul incidents have been occurring." He also grabbed a mug and sipped from it. "I don't feel safe with you being alone at your own home, so I would like you to stay here with me. Also I won't be going to school anymore because of, well more problems have been coming up for me also." He looked at me, but I stayed silent. Kaneki continued. "Also stay away from anyone who seems to be suspicious, like Tsukiyama. Not many people can be trusted, but come to me for advice. Finally, you have to promise me you won't do anything tragic if something happens to me alright?" He held out his pinky.

I looked at it for a bit, thinking and taking it all in. I finally have found someone who will truly love. Someone I can tell secrets to. Secrets that only I know, will he accept them? We really don't know much about each other, but I always feel safe and secure around him. I didn't want this chance to slip away. "Alright." I whispered quietly. I then wrapped my pinky around Kaneki's and he locked them. A lock that can only be open with a key. A key that is already lost.

~Time Skip~

It was the afternoon and Kaneki helped move all my things, and sell my apartment contract to the landlord. I also learned he worked and stayed at Anteiku. So that's where I moved in. I was introduced to many people, like Touka. A ghoul with purple hair, she was also quite pretty. Oh! Hinami also, she looked very young and cute. When I asked how old she was, she said 15. I was surprised and Kaneki chuckled at my flustered reaction.

Nightfall had soon hit and Anteiku had finally closed up. I then decided to head up to the room I shared with Kaneki.

I opened the door to reveal a shirtless Kaneki standing there blushing. I also felt the heat go up to my cheeks. "Ah! I-I'm so s-sorry Kaneki." I was really flustered. I was about to shut the door, but Kaneki grabbed it. He took ahold of my arm, and gently tugged at it. I stepped in and he closed the door behind me. I felt his body close to mine so I stepped back into the door. Completely flustered.

Kaneki then pushed is body up against me again and my breathe began to feel hot. It was warm, and gentle. "(Y/N)." Kaneki whispered into my ear and I shivered. He nibbled my ear and pulled his head back looking at me. He smiled. He must love the reactions I give to him. He then went forward and pressed his lips against mine. Deepening the kiss. I began to kiss back, feeling a heat all over my body, but it was from Kaneki.

One of his hands was playing with my hair, while the other then tickled my side. I laughed at his silly action, but he took this chance to slip his tongue into my mouth. I felt like a complete hot mess by now. I ran my hands through Kaneki's hair and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I then hear a soft knock on the door. "(Y/N) the bath is ready." It was Hinami.

Kaneki pulled back and smiled at me, he had a pink tint to his face. "I should go take that bath, shouldn't I?" I smiled at him.

"Of course." Kaneki pushed off of the door and put his shirt back on.

I opened the door and saw Hinami there. She had a towel and some cleaning products in her hands. "Let's take a bath together (Y/N)-chan!"

I smiled and giggled. "Of course." I'm glad she wanted to be close to me.

"No fair! I want to join to!" I heard Kaneki behind me.

"No scarring Hinami." I crosses my arms and stuck my tongue out at him. Hinami and I finally went together to take a bath.

A sad lonely feeling tugged at me until I got back to the room that night. When I saw Kaneki again. Sleeping peacefully, while I thought about our promise.
________

Me: Still sick! I just want to go to school and see my friends again ;-;

Kaneki: It's alright!! *Hugs* You won't die.

Me: Pfft course not, I'm invincible *coughing fit*