Can't let go

I opened my eyes and shot upright. Last night I was attacked, then.... Kaneki saved me. I sighed out in relief but then reality struck me. Kaneki is also a ghoul. I shivered at the thought, but why didn't he eat me? Why did only one eye have the ghoul effect? So many questions swam through my head. I looked around and saw that I wasn't at home. Where did he bring me? I slowly got of bed and looked out the window. I've seen this place before. I couldn't quite put my finger on it though.

The door then slowly opened behind me and I turned around to see that Kaneki was standing there. "How are you feeling? You kind of passed out on me last night."

"I-I'm fine." I stuttered out. I was nervous. But I also felt a bit relieved. Why? Shouldn't I be afraid of him? Why do I feel safe?

"Don't be afraid. I won't harm you." Kaneki stepped into the room with a tray in his hands. "I brought some tea and sandwiches for you." He stepped fully into the room and set the tray down on the table. "Come and sit. I want to talk with you. I promise I won't do anything harsh."

I slowly crept over and sat down on the couch next to him. I then reached over and grabbed one of the tea cups, sipping from it.

"So, I'm guessing you remember what happened last night, right?" I nodded. "I'm also guessing that you're thinking why I didn't eat you, right?" I also nodded. Kaneki then smiled. But this smile seemed it wasn't very sincere. More of a worried look.
___________
Kaneki's POV

I half smiled at her. Knowing she was scared. I know who she is, she is (F/N) (L/N) and she goes to the same college I go to. I'm surprised she doesn't recognize me, but it's alright. We didn't talk much anyways. I decided to open my mouth and explain. "I know you because we go to the same college. We are also in the same class. I don't talk much and I sit in the back, so I wouldn't guess you would notice me. But I saw you in the alley about to be attacked, and I couldn't just watch." But the truth is I just didn't see her, I actually got off early from work and decided to follow her. I saw that she was being watched, but I wasn't so sure. I then ended up watching her and saving her. Also I instantly recognized her, so I couldn't help myself. I always admired her from afar. She was beautiful to. Her smile, the way her eyes sparkled, and the way her hair fell when she walked. I kind of felt like a stalker.

When I told her we were in the same class her eyes had a sudden sparkle effect. "Now I know you! You helped pick up my books for me when I tripped! I'm such a cluts, thanks again for that.

"No problem!" I piped up. "I hope we can see each other more!" I then got serious. "Also, promise you won't tell anyone that I'm a ghoul, alright? It would be bad for me."
___________
Your POV

I nodded. "Of course!" A small blush was upon my face.

"It will be our secret okay?"

"Okay!" I smiled at him. But the feeling that I couldn't let go of was the safety of being with him. Even though he was a ghoul.

________

Me: Two chapters in one day!? Yeah... It's because I'm sick in bed, but whatever...

Kaneki: *paps head* Feel better.

Me: To precious!!!!