A Story

"Oppa... Chuyoung-oppa..."

I smiled. My eyes were still closed, but I could easily tell who the owner of that soft, sweet voice was. I felt her smiling too, and she laid down next to me, snuggling herself up to my side. I chuckled.

"Maybe I should join you instead... The bed does look good," she uttered sweetly.
"What time is it, Tzu?" I asked her.
"Six," she said. I sighed.
"And you're already here..." I whispered. Tzuyu chuckled.
"I stayed at Nayeon-unnie's place last night," she said.

Nayeon's place was right across the street from my apartment, as I learned myself that scary night last November. Since I was discharged early last week, Tzuyu had been coming daily to my apartment to basically take care of my daily needs: Cooking, doing the laundry, buying groceries, making sure that I take my meds properly, and spending time with me to simply talk.

Initially, I tried discouraging Tzuyu from spending too much time with me, but she told me that last week was everyone's unofficial holiday, and she had all the time in the world. Nayeon started coming in to help Tzuyu too, and eventually I learned to just accept their generosity and enjoy their company. It was indeed nice.

Having Nayeon–an IPG member–around, also meant that I was filled in with information about what happened after the skirmish at SM Entertainment's parking lot back then on December 27th. The police was involved, represented by one Detective Moon Hyejin, and an official APB was released for Park Manse and his one other associate who helped him escape.

Then, on New Year's Day, Dispatch created a scene by releasing a gossip article about Irene and Yeoni. I knew immediately that it was Park Manse's doing. It was so typical of him to retaliate after a defeat through his connections in the media. Luckily, SM Entertainment took this very seriously, and I heard that they even sent out Jang Junhwan, the industry's best lawyer ever, to help Irene and Yeoni pressure Dispatch.

Sure enough, it worked out. Sana's idea to release photos of Jennie, Irene, Yeoni, and herself together on Instagram was also brilliant. The fans loved these idols anyway, and they'd believe anything they said more easily. But then, I heard about Ansel.

I never thought that he would be working under Park Manse, let alone be his getaway driver. Number one, he was Sana, Momo, and Mina's friend from Japan. Number two, he currently was Mina's boyfriend. And number three, he wasn't a director! Manse usually only approached directors in the companies because he needed their influence.

But–I guessed–Ansel was the perfect spy for Manse. No one would suspect him, and even if they found out about him–like they did eventually–, the IPG would think twice before doing anything to harm him because of his status as Mina's boyfriend. The girls, especially Sana, would not want to hurt Mina's delicate feelings, so Ansel was in a pretty safe position.

"Oppa..." Tzuyu called again.

I smiled and opened my eyes. Tzuyu was laying by my side, staring at me, smiling her gorgeous dimpled smile. Gosh. I could never get enough of her smile. I wanted this to happen everyday, to have her beautiful smile to be the first thing I see every morning. I kissed her forehead gently, and she giggled.

 I kissed her forehead gently, and she giggled