Intermission: Corn Dog

"Should I blow the candles now?"
"Hang on, hang on! Let's put Yeoni's cake next to yours!"

After our lunch today, Jennie had an idea to start a VLive session during dinner to celebrate the birthday. I was initially reluctant, but Jisoo thought that it was her responsibility to say hi to the many Blinks worldwide who were hungry for new content from their beloved idols during their 18-months long hiatus. Eventually, after a lot of convincing from all Blackpink girls and Irene, I reluctantly agreed.

We were sitting in our private room in a steak house in Itaewon, and after dinner the girls brought out the cakes for Jisoo and I. Jennie placed my birthday cake next to Jisoo's before checking the screen. Rosé pushed the plate a little to make sure that both cakes were in frame, while Lisa pushed me to sit closer to Jisoo. Jisoo giggled and hugged my arm lovingly, while Jennie squealed and stood in behind Jisoo and I.

 Jisoo giggled and hugged my arm lovingly, while Jennie squealed and stood in behind Jisoo and I

"Blinks! Shall we sing together for these cute siblings?" exclaimed Jennie.

The comments on screen went up rapidly, all agreeing to her idea. I laughed and stared awkwardly at the screen, still not used to celebrating my birthday with Jisoo on a VLive event like this. I looked up to see Irene who was hiding behind the phone, but she merely chuckled silently and nodded, offering me her support.

"Let's sing, and then Yeoni and Jisoo-unnie can blow the candles!" exclaimed Rosé.
"Yeoni! You have to sing with us, okay? Don't just sit there!" charged Lisa.
"Alright, alright! Fine!" I said.
"Ready? Let's sing on three then... Hana, dul, set...!" commanded Jennie.
"SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDAA~! SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDAA~!" sang Rosé, Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa noisily while clapping their hands.

Irene clapped in rhythm with the girls, mouthing the lyrics of the song silently. I laughed seeing her, but she glared at me, compelling me to join the girls to sing. I started clapping my hands awkwardly, somehow keeping my eyes locked to Irene's.

"SARANGHANEUN JISOO GEULIGO YEONI-SSI..."

They all took a deep breath. I cackled. These girls were chaotic.

"SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDAA~! YAAAAAAAY!"

Jisoo and I glanced at each other and blew our candles strongly. The girls all laughed and cheered together, and Irene cheered silently behind the phone, looking so adorable. Jennie threw herself to hug me from behind, while Lisa and Rosé hugged Jisoo lovingly. Jisoo chuckled and looked directly into the screen.

 Jisoo chuckled and looked directly into the screen