Intermission: Feel Special

"Junhwan-ssi, does the van have a secure connection?" Irene asked him. Junhwan nodded.
"Yes. We can turn on cloaking mode. Do you need to call someone?" the lawyer asked.
"Yes, my... My associates. It's urgent," she said.

Junhwan stared at her, but he didn't say anything out of respect. He simply nodded. I reached to grab Irene's hand and squeezed it, thanking her. Yeoni and Jennie looked at us confusedly, but Irene's gaze told them to not say anything.

The lift opened on the ground floor, and we rushed out. Irene and I walked quickly behind Junhwan, who led us through the sea of reporters calmly towards the SM van, which had waited for us with the door open. Jennie, Yeoni, Irene, and I entered, but Junhwan stood outside, smiling.

"I'll address the media again, updating them on the good news we received from the Editor-in-Chief

"I'll address the media again, updating them on the good news we received from the Editor-in-Chief. Go make your call as soon as the van starts moving. The connection will be secure," he said to Irene. Irene smiled and nodded.
"Thanks again, Junhwan-ssi," she said. Junhwan nodded, before sliding the door closed.

As soon as the van drove away, Irene took out her phone and flipped it open, placing it on the small table. Yeoni and Jennie looked around confusedly.

"Sha, Irene, what happened?" Jennie asked. I turned to look at her.
"I saw... I saw Ansel coming to the Editor-in-Chief's office when we got into the lift," I said, my voice shaking.
"Ansel? Who's Ansel?" asked Yeoni.
"He's... He's my friend from Japan, and he's... Well, he was..." I said.
"He was SM's Head of International Legal Division up until December 31st last year. His task was to secure Mina, Momo, and Sana's signature to join SM Entertainment," said Irene.
"He resigned after failing, but I know from Mina that he has already got a new job," I said.

Jennie gasped, and Yeoni's widened in surprise.

"Do you think... Do you think that he's connected to all this?" he asked. Irene nodded rapidly.
"Yes. Yes, very much so! We didn't think that he's connected because no evidence was pointing that way, but with him coming here today... Hang on. We're connected," she said.

Suzy's face appeared on Irene's screen, along with IU's. They smiled wide with expectancy.

 They smiled wide with expectancy