A Gamble

"So what happened at Dispatch's office?"

I took a glance at my girlfriend and sighed. We were driving to Hannam, trying to reach as quickly as possible to make sure Jihyo and Minsoo did not have to wait for very long. I collected my thoughts for a moment, before speaking.

"Actually it went smoothly at first. BoA-daepyeonim sent her best lawyer to support Irene-unnie... Jang Junhwan-ssi," I said. Jeongyeon's eyes widened in surprise.
"Jang Junhwan? The famous lawyer?" she gasped. I nodded.
"Yeah. And... Gosh, Babe, you have to see just how smugly he talked and taunted the Editor-in-Chief! He spoke very respectfully, but, you know... You can feel the poison in his words, disarming the Editor-in-Chief with just his words," I said, giggling from excitement.
"Woah... Daebak..." uttered Jeongyeon in amazement.
"At first the man tried to blackmail us, you see... Asking how much we wanted to pay him to release the follow up news," I said. Jeongyeon scoffed.
"The audacity!" she said. "By the way, great job, Babe! You were the one suggesting that you take and post the pictures, right?"

I chuckled and nodded, before continuing.

"Yeah, he tried to blackmail us. But then Junhwan-ssi started listing all the charges he could and would bring down upon Dispatch if he decided to continue this act, and... Well... The Editor-in-Chief must have realised who he was dealing with," I said.

Jeongyeon chuckled and nodded, and I continued.

"The Editor-in-Chief tried to talk his way out of agreeing with us, you know... Because he would get in trouble with his superiors. He said that we couldn't just come there to demand something from him... But then... Gosh, Jeongie, you'll love it... Then the Queen of Red Velvet herself stepped forward," I said with a chuckle. Jeongyeon understood and smiled.

"Oh shit, here we go..." she said with glee.
"She only said two words: 'Can't we?', but... Fuck, Jeongie... The way she said it! It was almost like the entire building's temperature suddenly dropped into sub-zero!" I exclaimed with a big grin. Jeongyeon laughed.
"I can imagine her doing that! Gosh, she's scary..." she said, shuddering from the imagination.
"Well, then... In the end he agreed, and..."

Jeongyeon's phone buzzed, and she picked it up. She whooped loudly when she saw what's on screen.

"The article's up! Mission accomplished!" she exclaimed, showing her phone to me.

I took a glance, and she was right. The follow up article was released, with the photo of Jennie, Irene, Yeoni, and myself highlighting. The headline read: 'Kim-Kim Couple's Friendship with Red Velvet's Irene and Twice's Sana Makes Us Jealous!'. I cackled.

"Jealous my ass..." Jeongyeon uttered, but she grinned widely too. "All good, then?"
"About Dispatch, yeah. But..." I paused, then I glanced at my girlfriend. She looked alarmed.
"What is it, Sha?" she asked me.
"Babe, what do you think about Ansel?" I asked her. Jeongyeon didn't need to think.
"He's an asshole for taking advantage of Dubu's innocence and betraying Mina's love for him," she said vehemently, before turning to look at me, "What about him?"
"I... I saw him walking into the Editor-in-Chief's office just when our lift door closed," I said.

Jeongyeon looked surprised.

"What? Why?" she asked.
"He resigned from SM Entertainment after failing to land Mina and Momo's signatures, right? Mina told us that he's got a new job, remember? What if..." I said, but Jeongyeon gasped as she understood me.
"What if he works for Naver now, and was the one who commissioned the article in the first place?" she completed my sentence. I shook my head.
"No. The Editor-in-Chief engaged Hyejin back in November," I said. I had told Jeongyeon about the whole situation yesterday before she left. Jeongyeon nodded.
"You're right... Ansel would still be busy wooing you three to join SM back then," she said.
"Yeah. I do suspect that he does work for Naver now, but... Even more than that..."