A Deal

"So... What do you say, Moon-hyeongsa? Do we have a deal?"

I scowled at the man sitting across the table. I got a call from Dispatch's Editor-in-Chief last night, asking me for a breakfast meeting. I turned him down initially, thinking about my busy schedule in the office, but he kept pushing me, even begging me, so I ended up agreeing.

We met today in a café near my place, and he had spent the last thirty minutes explaining about a side job offer he had for me, and it paid a lot, a lot more than I could ever make in a month with my job as a police detective. Shit. He was offering me something I couldn't refuse, but the subject of the investigation worried me.

"Hang on. So, you're saying that I should follow Kim Yeoni around to find information about him and his sister? You do realise that all four members of Blackpink are currently in America, right?" I asked him.

The Dispatch Editor-in-Chief scoffed and shook his head. He sipped his coffee again before speaking.

"I know, Moon-hyeongsa. But they won't be there forever, right? They're coming to Singapore for MAMA in two weeks time, for one," he said, keeping his stupid grin plastered on his wrinkled face.
"You want me to go to Singapore?" I asked him incredulously. "How much are you paying me again?"

He shook his head and chuckled.

"No, no. That's not my point. What I'm saying is... We want you to get as much information as possible in a month's time about Yeoni and Jisoo, and then report it to us," he clarified.

I took a long drag from my cigarette before staring at him frustratedly.

"I understood that the first time you said it. What I don't understand is just... Why? Why are you so interested in him and his sister? Isn't it normal for siblings to be close?" I asked him.

The man stared at me through his circular glasses, as if pondering something. After a while, he let out a sigh, then placed his phone on the table. He pushed the device towards me.

"Look at this. Does this look normal to you?" he said, pointing at the picture on the screen.

 Does this look normal to you?" he said, pointing at the picture on the screen

I looked at the picture. It was a blurry picture, taken with a long-range camera lens. I recognised the surroundings as Incheon International Airport's parking lot, and the picture showed a couple–male and female–in a car, kissing each other's lips passionately. I recognised the man as Kim Yeoni, the famous Blackpink Boyfriend, and the girl...

"Come on. That could be Jennie, right? His girlfriend!" I said frustratedly.

The Editor-in-Chief merely scoffed and pinched out the screen, revealing the entire picture. Jennie was just stepping out from the back seat, together with Rosé and Lisa. My eyes widened. So it was indeed Jisoo he was kissing. What kind of a brother kisses his own sister like that?

"So... You're suspecting that... Their relationship is... More than that of siblings?" I clarified. He nodded.
"Incestuous. What a scandal, right? That, or..." he said, his words trailing off.
"Or what?" I pressed him.
"Or they're not real siblings, and the Yeoni-Jennie relationship is just a front to cover up the real love story between Yeoni and Jisoo. That'll be even bigger!" he said happily.