Intermission: Wendy's Problem

"Gosaenghasyeotseumnida!"
"Nee... Gosaenghaesoyo!"

Jisoo and I bowed respectfully to the other Kids Ministry workers in the room, clapping our hands together for everyone, thanking each worker for their hard work, before leaving the room. I stretched out my body, feeling my joints aching. I guessed age didn't lie. I wasn't as nimble and flexible as I was in my 20s.

That, coupled with the fact that I was single for such a long time, made me feel like my body was slowly deteriorating. Fuck. I used to be the hot and fit girl of Red Velvet, didn't I? Now Yeri started to get hotter and hotter, Joy became more and more voluptuous as she got older, while both Wendy and Irene aged gracefully like fine wine.

The thing was, they all had their partners to release them from stress. Joy had Crush, Irene got both Jennie and Yeoni, even Yeri's got Hyejin now. Wendy's marrying Nathan soon, and judging from the many times she spent in his house, they must have had sex multiple times. Gosh. I found myself missing the days when I could hear Wendy's screams through the walls while having sex in our dorm. She was just so incredibly loud.

"Ahh... So tired!"

I turned to see Jisoo a little concernedly. She sighed and stretched her body too, but she looked absolutely happy, not to mention extra cute in her Pikachu costume.

 She sighed and stretched her body too, but she looked absolutely happy, not to mention extra cute in her Pikachu costume

"Are you okay, Jisoo-ya?" I asked her in concern. She nodded and smiled wider.
"Yes! Don't worry, Unnie! I love kids!" she said cheerfully.

I chuckled. I loved kids too, but taking care of them wasn't necessarily an easy job, especially when there were so many of them. The Christmas service ended without any trouble, and our fluffy costumes helped a lot in convincing the kids to have fun with us instead of looking for their parents, but still it was tiring. I guessed Jisoo would make an excellent mother, unlike me.

"Pikachuuuu! Pooh!!"

Several kids screamed happily and ran towards us as they saw us. I sighed a little, feeling really tired already, but to my surprise, Jisoo chuckled happily and hugged the children without a single hint of reluctance.

I stared at her in amazement. She really was something else. She was younger than me, but somehow she looked and acted way more mature than I was. Sure, the fact that she was about to be a real mother must have had something to do with it, but still...

After a few minutes, Jisoo waved the kids goodbye kindly and looked at me. I chuckled and shook my head.

"You're amazing, Jisoo-ya!" I said sincerely. She raised her eyebrows.
"Hm? Why?" she asked innocently.
"You just said you're tired, but when the kids swarm you, you happily welcome them," I said.

Jisoo only laughed and hugged my arm. We walked arm in arm towards the church's cafeteria. Jisoo was rubbing her baby bump, which was hidden perfectly in her Pikachu costume. Even though it was visible, nobody would have thought that it was Jisoo's real pregnant belly. She sighed after a while, before speaking.