Chapter 12

A few weeks had passed. I decided to give Cindy her space, I let her continue to ignore me.

I guess Jasmine never gave her my note, or she did and Cindy just threw it away. All I know is that I lost my only friend.

I walked down the hallway, my books held to my chest. I spotted Cindy at her locker by herself.

I hesitated, then proceeded to walk towards her.

She turned her head slightly as I approached her. She lifted an eyebrow in confusion, then shut her locker.

"Um.. hi." She mumbled.

"I know I made you mad but how long are you going to avoid me?" I asked. "We had a little fight. That's all it takes for you to drop me?"

She rolled her eyes, clearly annoyed with me. I could feel my eyes watering.

"That's when I realized how clingy and obsessive you are. You've been angry since the day you found out I had a new friend. That's weird." Cindy replied.

"I know I messed up. It wasn't right. It's just.. you were my only friend. I don't have anyone else. Then I saw you with Elena-"

"Oh my God, who cares?! It's always Elena this Elena that, why can't you just accept I have another friend besides you?" She yelled. "She's a good person and you won't even give her a chance. Besides, I talked to her and she said you're the one that acts weird around her."

I stayed silent.

"I think it's best if we just stop being friends. Bye, Stella." She turned on her heel and left me alone, once again.

Tears streamed down my face. I had one friend, a best friend and I managed to screw it up. All I ever wanted was to be liked, to have friends that accepted me for who I was. Every time I try to stop obsessing over Elena, it always comes back to her, and I don't even try. Ironically, our friendship ended because of Elena indirectly.