Chapter 20 - finale

Changbin returned to the bar the next day, hoping Felix was still awake even though it was light out. The sweet shop was closed for the day, so he thought it would be a perfect chance for them to get some alone time. His cheeks heated up at the thought of what had happened last night. The kiss was quick but sweet and held all the feelings the both of them had kept bottled inside.

    As he entered the alleyway, he immediately realized something was going on. Jeongin was perched on top of a closed dumpster, picking nervously at the skin around his fingernails. Jisung and Hyunjin were hauling out a mattress, and Felix was outside in a light blue hoodie recording everything.

    "What are you doing?" Changbin asked, wondering why this was all playing out in broad daylight of all times.

    "I'm just getting rid of my old mattress and buying a new one and trying to find a reason why Minho doesn't want to sleep with me anymore," Jisung replied, giving a half-hearted shrug. Almost immediately, Minho's voice cut through the rotting wooden door of the bar.

    "Maybe it's because you're lazy, and have been sleeping with other guys!" He screamed from inside. "One of them is helping you right now!"

    "Oh-" Felix said softly, a mischievous smile creeping across his face.

    "Well you took up the entire bed anyway, you fat fuck," Jisung shot back.

    As soon as the words left Jisung's lips, Minho sprinted out of the bar, knife in hand. Hyunjin and Jisung dropped the mattress and took off while Chan and Seungmin ran after Minho to make sure he didn't murder anyone or burn to a crisp.

    Felix stopped recording the moment everyone had rounded the corner and were out of sight. Seemingly oblivious to Changbin's presence, he doubled over, his hands on his knees as his entire body was racked with laughter.

    "Care to explain what's going on?" Changbin asked, standing in front of the vampire with his hands on his hips. He would have asked Jeongin since he had himself pulled together, but he didn't understand his version of sign language.

    "I don't even know where to begin," Felix gasped, attempting to pull himself together. "Jisung and Hyunjin have been pissing everyone off since we got back. In my opinion, their whole relationship drama could be easily fixed with polyamory, but Minho's too jealous for that."

    "Who knew non-humans had relationship drama?" Changbin wondered aloud, once again mentally kicking himself for being so ignorant.

    "We have levels of drama that you humans could never even dream of. Anyway, do you wanna come in? It'll just be the three of us."

    Changbin obliged, hoping that Jeongin found something to do so that he could talk to Felix alone. He trusted Jeongin and all, but the fact that he either couldn't talk or chose not to was slightly unnerving to him. Luckily enough, the moment they stepped inside, Jeongin branched off and disappeared down the hallway.

    "Are you feeling okay?" Changbin asked, taking the loveseat opposite to the vampire.

    "Of course I am," Felix replied. "I survived a werewolf attack. Do you think a few measly vampire hunters could take me down?"

    "Okay, Mr. Confidence," Changbin teased, stopping abruptly as a thought came to mind. "This might sound weird but, you have feelings for me and I have feelings for you. We've also kissed so does that make us a thing or...?"

    Felix's eyes lit up, hearing the words he had been too scared to say himself. "Yes! I mean, if you're okay with it that is. It might be a bit difficult because I'm a vampire, but we'll make things work."

    Seeing the others nod of approval, Felix jumped up, pulling him into another kiss. This one was long and intimate, Changbin's arms slipping around his neck. After a few moments, they pulled away from the kiss, standing with their eyes locked until someone kicked the door to the bar open and they jumped apart.

    Minho was holding Jisung by the collar of his shirt, luckily changing his mind about stabbing him. Chan and Seungmin were completely winded and were holding Hyunjin's arms behind his back as if arresting him.

    "Do you mind?" Changbin snapped. "We were having a moment."

    "Oh, did Lixie finally get a boyfriend?" Hyunjin asked, his eyes lighting up with a childish curiosity.

    "This is not how I wanted you to find out," Felix muttered, suddenly becoming interested in his shoes.

    "Come on. You were practically making out with him the day you met. None of us would be surprised when you announced it," Jisung stated, rolling his eyes playfully.

    "You both are aware of the difficulties that will come from this relationship, right?" Chan asked, the best interest for the both of them in mind.

    "Of course we are. I'll make it work. I always do."