Chapter 1

The noise of people talking and glasses clinking together filled the air, bringing him the friendly atmosphere he loved. Felix's bar was a safe place for those who weren't human. The doors were open to all, just as long as they weren't human. Here, different species learned to co-exist in an environment where they would be safe from people who wanted them dead.

There was nothing Felix loved more than pouring drinks for his customers, watching as their wine glasses filled with the crimson liquid. Human bartenders tended to hear some strange stories, but they would never compare to the stories vampires and the like had to tell.

As he poured drinks according to someone's preference, he often caught bits and pieces of conversation. Some talked about close run-ins with vampire hunters or almost accidentally biting someone in broad daylight. Others talked about more light-hearted subjects such as their human friends or being able to attend school.

"The usual?" Felix asked as he approached a familiar customer to which he received a reserved nod. "Oh, come on, Seungmin. You can't just drink deer blood all the time. They're a pain in the ass to hunt."

Even though he complained, he grabbed a specially labeled bottle and poured the contents into a glass. Seungmin stared at the crimson liquid with disgust as usual, but his hunger was impossible to ignore.

"Look, you need to drink human blood at some point," Felix sighed. He was more patient when he had this conversation with new vampires, but Seungmin had been one for a month. "If you don't drink human blood you may end up hurting someone or dying."

He uncorked a small flask of human blood and poured it into Seungmin's glass. Seungmin stared wordlessly as the lighter-colored blood mixed with the almost black blood. He would get used to it soon enough.

Seungmin eventually gave into his hunger, his eyes turning a deep shade of red as he drank miserably. Felix returned to his job, glancing at the wide variety of blood wine that lined the shelves.

The tastes of blood wine varied depending on the person, but the customers never drank the blood of the same person twice. Some preferred bitter blood wine while others liked theirs sweet. Occasionally, he would sell dry wine. The making of dry wine was unethical for his standards, but it brought in more customers when he ran low on money.

With such a small vampire community, he worked to accommodate everyone's tastes for a small fee at the door. Seungmin had to pay a hefty fee for his wines. Chan and Jisung hated having to hunt for one or two individuals, but their salary kept them from complaining too much.

Despite the large crowd, vampires were turning to the street to get blood that suited their tastes more than whatever Felix could offer. He needed to make a new blood wine with a flavor that no one had ever tasted before.

"Felix, we need your help!" Jisung called from the entrance to the bar. They only ever asked for help when they couldn't decide whether the individual asking to come in was human or not.

"Minho! You're off of break, please take over for me!" Felix yelled at Minho who was laying on a couch by the bar. He acted less like a worker and more like he was paid to lounge around.

"My job is to smell blood to see if it's worth selling or not. Not to pour drinks," Minho complained, his lips stained scarlet as he placed his glass on the coffee table.

"Quit being dramatic," Felix said, rolling his eyes. "It will only take a few minutes."

Once Minho was behind the counter, Felix went to check the situation at the entrance. Two familiar people were standing outside, clearly irritated that they had to argue to get in.

"Wait...Felix?" They both asked in unison, recognition registering on their faces.

"Jeongin? Hyunjin? What are you doing here?" Felix asked, equally as confused.

"You know them?" Chan asked. "It doesn't matter. We still need to check them before we let them in."

Hesitantly, Hyunjin slipped his shirt over his shoulder, revealing the top of a dragon tattoo. Jisung and Chan stared at him blankly, wondering what he was trying to prove. Sighing in annoyance, he pulled up his left sleeve, revealing his forearm which was covered with green and silver scales.

"Is that enough for you?" Hyunjin asked. Chan and Jisung nodded, their eyes wide. They moved on to Jeongin looking for proof.

Jeongin slinked behind Hyunjin, poking his head out from behind his shoulder. For a second, Felix thought he would leave just being a normal human until his eyes glowed yellow. His jaw nearly dropped to the floor. For years, he had been in college with them and had no idea they were two of the rarest 'mythical' creatures in existence.

"I'm sorry, but we mostly cater to vampires and werewolves, so if you need anything specific from us, we don't have it," Jisung said nervously.

"Don't worry. We're just here for a safe space. Jeongin brought his own," Hyunjin said calmly, pointing to a bloody plastic bag in Jeongin's hand that looked like it contained an organ of some sort.

Felix let them in free, not yet over his shock of befriending two such powerful beings without him knowing. An imoogi and a nine-tailed fox. It wasn't every day that someone came across one of those.

As Hyunjin walked in, he gave Felix a warm smile, leaning close to his ear.

"Go to the Laventer Sweet Shop tomorrow when it opens. I think you'll like what you find."