Chapter 4

Minho stared at him, a confused expression on his face. Hyunjin had been so confident about his observation that it was hard to believe he was wrong.

"Whatever voodoo Hyunjin has going on to have thought that, was wrong," Felix said, digging around in his pockets for proof. Well, fake proof.

He produced a vial of blood from the pocket of his hoodie and handed it over. Minho was born a vampire and therefore had a better sense of smell than him, but his decoy should have been enough to fool him.

Minho popped the top off of the vial and smelled it, his face wrinkling up as he did so. "How the hell is this guy still alive? It smells like sour milk."

"Tastes like sour milk, too," He lied, trying to match Minho's disgust.

"I can't believe you smelled how foul his blood was and still drank it."
"Some human blood smells bad after working out or eating a certain food, so I had to check just in case."

Noticing how much pain Minho was in, he took off his hoodie and gave it to the elder to put on. It was already too late, but it would prevent him from burning at a faster rate.
"By the way, what's that?" Minho asked, gesturing to the candy bag Felix was holding.

"Just a thank you gift. I'll throw it out later."

~~~

Once they returned to the bar, they helped the others finish setting up for the auction scheduled in half an hour. Felix had managed to get his hands on the blood of a celebrity, knowing their blood would sell for a large sum of money.

Jeongin's body looked like a blur as he rushed around the room at unnatural speeds, setting up chairs. Felix decided he would put Jeongin and Hyunjin to the test to see if they could work there, and what better way to test their compatibility?

As the first of the vampires participating in the auction filed in, he noticed the two growing nervous. Being in front of such a large crowd was unnerving, but Felix was there in case anything went south.

The auction was only open to vampires. The bar was open to every species who wanted to try it, but all hell would break loose if blood that precious ended up in the hands of someone who didn't need it.

"Attention! The auction is about to begin!" Hyunjin shouted, his voice drowned out by the excited chatter of the crowd.
"Attention!" He yelled again, this time much louder. His eyes had gone snake-like, turning a light shade of green, the outline of scales tracing his cheeks. Everyone's eyes were glued to him.

Felix reached down to the bag of sweets in his lap, panicking when he realized he couldn't tear his eyes away from Hyunjin. It must have been a hidden power of his. Once everyone had gone silent, his eyes returned to their normal color and he could look away again.

The auction went by smoothly, while he forced himself to stomach the sweets Changbin had given him. He knew he had gone overboard when his stomach gave a sickening lurch, forcing him to run out of the room and into the bathroom at the far end of the bar.

He barely made it, doubling over the toilet and throwing up the contents. Even afterward, he didn't feel any better. He heard someone enter the bathroom, stopping right outside his stall. Apparently, privacy wasn't a thing anymore.

"Minho did say it was a bad idea to eat that much," Jisung said. "Are you okay though?"

"I'm fine," He replied, though his stomach felt otherwise. When he left the stall, Jisung handed him a water bottle covered with designs of flowers, a sweet-smelling liquid inside. "Thanks."

"No problem," Jisung said as he watched Felix down the contents. "Hyunjin and Jeongin are doing amazing. I think they should take over auctions for you. It'll be one less thing you have to worry about."

"Perfect! I'm collecting friends as workers like infinity stones."

Jisung laughed at the joke as they returned to the main room of the bar where Chan was tending to Minho's burnt skin. Seungmin was asleep on a black, leather loveseat, giving in to the vampire urge to sleep during the day.

"Maybe you should consider your own health rather than fashion next time," Chan said coolly as he finished rubbing ointment on the raw skin on Minho's arms and face.

"In my defense, I didn't know it would take Felix that long," Minho shot back.
"Don't blame me!" Felix cried as he sat down next to Jisung.

Jisung pressed his index finger to his lips, signaling for them to be quiet while Seungmin was sleeping. It felt ironic coming from the loudest person in the group, but they didn't argue.

"Felix, you've had a weird look on your face since we left the sweet shop," Minho abruptly accused. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing!" He said as loudly as he dared, holding his hands up in surrender.

"Okay. What's on your mind then?" Jisung asked, leaning closer to him, preparing to listen. "I'd like to know why you made yourself sick over a thank you gift."

Felix sighed, knowing he couldn't escape this conversation no matter how hard he tried. "I want to work at the sweet shop."