35.

Spencer

It was the next day and I finished getting ready coming out of my room. Last night I went back to Crenshaw to see Dillon and my mother. "Morning momma" I said before kissing her cheek. "Morning baby" she said preparing breakfast. I dapped coop up as she was sitting at the table.

"What time did you get in last night?" She asked. "Like twelve
Twelve-thirty, twelve forty-five" I started off "I had a date so I dropped her off at home" I said as Dillon came into the kitchen. "What's up?" I said dapping him up as he sat down next to me. "Oh where'd you and Layla go this time?" I heard my mother asked as I chuckled.

"Um it wasn't Layla" I answered as Dillon and my mother looked at me. "You two broke up?" She asked "yeah some stuff went down homecoming night and we're finished" I admitted. "Homecoming was like almost two weeks ago, you're going on a date that quick?" My mother asked setting the breakfast on the table before sitting down. I just chuckled "ma it's all good, it was just a date" I assured.

" who is it?" She asked with a sly smirk as I looked back at my food and smiled some. "Ahhhh she got my boy smiling" Coop teased as my mother and Dillon laughed causing me to chuckle. "If she's making you smile like that then I need to meet her" my mother said. "You already have" coop said looking the other way while drinking her orange juice.
"Really Coop?" I asked as my mother laughed.

"Come on tell me" she said as i just looked at Coop as she smiled. "No we just went on a date and I don't think it's going to become anything you know serious" I lied. "Well if she's making you smile like that it wasn't just a date" my mother said eating her food as I started eating mine.

"It's Y/N" Coop brought up as my mothers eyes just lit up as she looked at me. "Coop really?" I asked. "Y/N?" She asked. "Yes but don't get too excited" I started off "her cousin is my ex. Layla is now my ex and has a huge problem with Y/N so it may not go anywhere" I explained

"Well what do you two want?" I heard my mother ask "her actions gives off that she's warming up and wants to be with me but when we talk about it she brings Layla and Olivia up" I explained

"Well what do you two want?" I heard my mother ask "her actions gives off that she's warming up and wants to be with me but when we talk about it she brings Layla and Olivia up" I explained. "She likes you Spencer it's clear, but it sounds like she wants to take it slow and if you really want her then you'll respect that and keep pursuing her" my mother said as I faintly smiled.

"And how do I know if I'm wasting my time?" I questioned "isn't she the same girl who said to your face "I don't talk to everybody because everybody don't deserve my time"?" My mother asked with a smile. "Meanwhile she let you take her out on a date" she added then laughed. "Boy if you don't recognize that girl likes you" she said as I just chuckled.

"You should really bring her around more I really enjoy her. Her parents did a good job raising her" she said as I smiled "well you know thanksgiving she's going to be at the bakers so you guys can always come over" I said as my mother smiled. We were soon done with breakfast as Coop and I went into my room.