8.

Spencer

I was in my room doing some over the summer school work on my computer I then felt my phone vibrate notifying me I had a notification. I looked down at my phone seeing a follow suggestion on Instagram for Y/N. It must've been because we have each other numbers to where she popped up. I went on her page liking a couple of pictures before following her. I clicked on one picture which was a picture from the other day on her birthday. She was in her outfit she wore to the party.

She was eating a strawberry while laughing. I swiped to the next photo seeing her arms around Jamal as they cheesed then the next photo of her just smiling as the sun was beaming on her. I just smiled at it, she was a very attractive girl but I know with Olivia and now Layla crazy asses running around here even if there was a slight chance it wouldn't work because of them. Besides Layla and I were trying to work on our issues before the summer ended and we started school.

There was a knock on my room door as I pressed the sleep/wake button on my phone. "Come in" I simply said continuing to type on my laptop. I seen Olivia peek her head in as I looked away continuing to type. She closed the door behind her and sat at the edge of my bed. "Yes?" I finally asked. "So did Y/N agree to coming to the party?" She asked as I didn't look away from my laptop screen.

"No she has a fashion show to go to with her mother" I simply responded. "Why do you care anyway? You and now Layla doesn't even like her" I asked finally looking at her. "Spence you only knew the girl for what? Three days?" She asked then laughed waving it off. "She literally minds her business and you harass her now you got Layla doing it.. YOUR OWN BLOOD" I expressed.

"You embarrassed that girl on her own birthday" I simply said looking at her crazy. "Spencer you don't even know what's going on" she said trying to touch my hand but I moved it. "Nah I'm seeing enough just with her being down here for a week" I said as she looked at me crazy. "She left and abandoned us. We were too white for her" Olivia expressed. "She became jealous and stopped talking that's what happened" she argued.

"She legit didn't want to deal with her mothers side of the family and was going to go back to New York to struggle and you honestly think it's because she's jealous of you?" I argued back. "Spence you don't get it, I have the upper hand, I'm living the dream any teenager can ask for, I'm pretty, smart" she listed as I just shook my head.

"What Spencer?!" Olivia asked "nothing if you see nothing wrong then I can't help you" I said. "All I know is if she does end up going to Beverly Hills high you and Layla better not pull anything" I simply said looking back at my lap top. "Like what?" Olivia asked. "Don't play fucking dumb" I said looking back at her. "Why do you even care? it doesn't have anything to do with you" she expressed.

"It has nothing to do with Layla but yet she's in the midst of this also" I argued back. "No she's in it because you and the way you're acting towards Y/N" Olivia tried to correct. "Nah she's in it because both of you are insecure about there being a new girl in the picture that's what it is" I corrected as she looked at me shocked.

"Maybe sleeping with Asher was the best thing" she sneak dissed. "Try telling your "best friend" that" I air quoted as she just looked at me with nothing left to say. She simply walked out closing my bedroom door behind her. I just continued with my work soon feeling my phone vibrate. I grabbed it then answered it as I placed it to my ear.

"So did you get Y/N to come?" Layla asked "wow hi to you too" I sarcastically said. "Hey did you get her to come this Saturday?" Layla asked as I was starting to put two and two together and they were trying to plot on her, I just didn't know what exactly they were doing.

"Nah she's going somewhere with her mother" I lied "and actually Jordan and I are not going to be abled to make it" I answered. "Hmm how convenient" she sarcastically said. "I'm having a family get together and I invited Jordan." I informed.
"Why are you just now telling me this?" She questioned "I just found out and I knew you weren't going to cancel your party" I explained.

"You seriously can't make it?" She asked as I sighed "i just asked a simple question. "Layla it's been a long day and I'm trying to get some of this summer school work out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of my summer" I said in a calm tone. "You had a lot of time to sit there , stop follow Y/N and like her shit" Layla said as I just simply hung up on her continuing to type. My phone started vibrating continuously then stopped. It went on for about four more times as this time I picked up with no hesitation.

"Layla stop" I expressed "uh" Y/N started off as my face softened. "This is Y/N, you want me to just text you?" She asked as I nervously chuckled. "No, No I just thought" I started off "that I was Layla" she answered "yeah but it was because something just you know happened" I said.

"Well that's none of my business" she started off "Saturday my mother said it was fine if I went with you and Jordan. She's trying to get me out of the house" she said giving off a small laugh. "I have no problem with taking you out and showing you around" I admitted with a smile. "Well I just wanted to let you know" she simply said. "You could've at least followed me back" I brought up.

"No, I am not about to get deeper into your madness with my cousin and her best friend" she admitted as I chuckled. "Well I'll see you Saturday" she said. "Okay be ready around one" I said as we Shared a goodbye then both hung up. I just tossed my phone to the side then dragged my hand over my face. Every time I talked to the opposite sex Layla got self conscious whether it was just to simply ask about homework or if it was a general non flirtatious joke she was jumping on me. I swear if she didn't know Coop was gay she would've been went in on me.

But this Y/N situation is different, Not only is Olivia giving her problems but she has Layla about to do the same. Layla is about to have Asher try and do the same thing along with other people and they're trying to make it a domino affect which I'm not about to allow to happen. I semi went through that and mines was easier than hers she's a black girl possibly going into a predominantly white, rich school they're about to come for her left and right including the rest of the school.