Chapter 17

I couldn't decide on what to wear for the auditions and I was really panicking since I had an hour until it was my turn. Luckily SM Entertainment was just a fifteen minute walk away and I would still have time to prepare my voice.

Finally I picked an overall and a pink top which complimented my hair band which was also pink. Since it was on the weekends, I left Tina in Da-Sae's home, since she lives by herself.

I've been going to stay there for some days before now with Tina so she's used Da-Sae by now. I started the walk to where the auditions takes place and nervousness started to come through.

What if my voice is bad? What if Lee Soo-man thinks that he's made a mistake?  

"Hello! What are you here for!" The reception said happily, just looking away from her computer to see me.

"Um, I'm Irene Smith, I'm an auditioner, Lee Soo-man asked me here," I replied, unsure until the reception gave a knowing look when I said the CEO's name.

"Aish yes! I almost forgot! Your number is 354!" The secretary answered, pointing at a door in the corridor and as soon as I stepped inside the room, everyone went quiet and looked my direction, even though a second ago, they were all in full on conversations.

Mutters filled the room as I closed the door behind me and wondered towards the end of the big room. Finding an empty seat, I started to practice my voice and the noise continued.

"354! Number 354! It's your turn!" One woman in the staff called out and I immediately stood up and walked over almost like a robot.

After explaining what song I was going to sing to the judges, I started off the song and I heard the judges gasp. I didn't know if it was because surprisingly good or terribly bad.

When I finished, the judges wrote somethings down on their paper before saying I would get an email in a few days, whether I do get the job or not.

"So do you think you did good?" Da-Sae asked when I got to her house and we were watching a movie with Tina asleep before I came back.

"I'd like to think so, something I could show to Serena when she finally wakes up," I muttered, thinking of the dream before.

"Cheer up, you know if you do get it, you could be the first girl to be a K-pop idol who isn't Korean," Da-Sae said convincingly, pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah, it sound nice doesn't it, Irene Smith, British but a K-pop idol," I said and giggled at how it sounds, "You know if I have the chance, I might introduce you to Namjoon,"

"Really you would! I mean- you can't do that Irene, you won't get a lot of hate for that," Da-Sae said responsibly, acting like she was the oldest, which she was, a year older than me...

'Hello Irene Smith, you have been accepted to become an Idol in SM Entertainment, you will be a singer of your own and will have your own studio where you can work by yourself, more information will be provided to you at 5th of November,'....