Chapter ten: Hex me gently with a chainsaw and The fat lady

A quick authors note:

The time line of a movie ( that I'm guessing you know by the title) doesn't match up with a time even that I will be mentioning, I know, and I'd prefer if you don't mention it when the time comes, and I frankly don't care since it's my book and I can do anything I want 😌 so enjoy 😅

ϟ 9¾ ⚯͛

" This is our last chance," Oliver Wood said, pacing along the quidditch changing room " My last chance to win the quidditch cup, I'll be leaving at the end of this year I'll never get another shot at it. Gryffindor hasn't won for seven years now, okay so we've had the worst luck in the world; injuries, the tournament getting called off last year," he then shuddered slightly, remembering the events that took place.

" But we also know we've got the best. Ruddy. Team. In. The. School! We've got three superb chasers," Wood said, pointing at Angelica Johnson, Kate Bell and Lyra " We've got two unbeatable beaters!"

" Stop it Oliver." Fred said.

" You're embarrassing us." George said, as they both pretend to blush.

" And we've got a seeker, who has never failed to win us a match," Wood said, looking at Harry with such fierceness that Harry started to uncomfortably move in the spot next to Lyra " And me."

" We think you're a very good too Oliver." George said.

" Cracking Keeper!" Fred added.

" The point is," Oliver resumed " The quidditch cup should've had our name on it these last two years, ever since Harry and Lyra joined the team I've thought the thing was in the bag. But we haven't got it, and this year's the last chance I get to see our name on the thing." He said glumly.

" Oliver, this year's our year." Fred said.

" We'll do it Oliver!" Angelica said.

" Definitely." Harry nodded.

" The other team's got no chance!" Lyra smiled.

Three evenings every week the team would now train twice as hard, even as the weather was getting colder. Lyra hadn't pushed herself so hard in quidditch before, but now she was getting better after every training session. Even Angelica and Kate admitted that she was now better than them, and even said that if she carries on at this rate she may even get an offer from a professional quidditch team in seventh year.

One evening after a training session, Harry and Lyra made their was up to the common room discussing all the different tactics they could used during quidditch. As they walked into common room, it was full of students talking enthusiastically to one another.

" What's happened?" Harry said, as he and Lyra walked over to Ron and Hermione, who were sitting in the best seats in the common room, right next to the fire as Lyra appreciated as she was stiff and cold from training.

" First Hogsmade weekend!" Ron said, as he completed astronomy homework with Hermione " End of October, Halloween." Harry always seemed tense when the subject of Halloween was introduced to a conversation, not only would he receive sympathetic looks from the students but it was a constant reminder of how he got his scar and lost his parents. Lyra however, introduced a tradition that would made Harry seem to focus on something else.

" Excellent!" Fred said, walking through the portrait " I need to visit Zonkos I'm nearly out of stink pellets!" Harry threw himself down onto the seat next to Ron, and Lyra threw herself down next to him and then put her legs over Harry's.

" I'm sure the both of you will be able to go next time," Hermione said " They're bound to catch Black soon, he's been sighted once already!"

" Blacks not fool enough to go to Hogsmade," Ron said " Ask McGonagall if you can go this time Harry, the next one might not be for ages!"