Chapter six: Home again and Treacle tart

" First years this way!" A gruff voice called out. Lyra, Harry, Ron and Hermione all turned round to see the humongous outline of the half giant Hagrid, that they all have become extremely close too over their years at Hogwarts. Hagrid was beckoning all the terrified first years away from the train and towards the boats, until he suddenly looked up and had caught their eyes " Alright you four!" He called out over the large crowed of students.

But before they could reply, they were pushed along by the crowd, towards the coach's Lyra and Hermione had ridden the year before. However, Ron and Harry had to make their own way to school because of a little house elf, that went by the name Dobby. Lyra was the only one out of Ron and Hermione that had the pleasure of meeting him, by giving Harry the idea of setting Dobby free after their meeting with Dumbledore. Ever since then, the little house elf had taken a liking to Lyra, making sure to always call her ' Lyra Black Miss'.

On the way to the school, Lyra noticed the worried glances Hermione and Ron would shoot in hers and Harrys way. Though Lyra didn't mind their glances, she knew that Harry did as he made it very important to look at the scenery outside of the carriage. As they came closer to the tall metal gates that shielded the castle from the outside world, Harry stuck his head back in and shut his eyes tightly. Lyra was just about to ask Harry what was wrong before the familiar cold rush that spread across her body.

" Dementors." She thought, and copied Harry's action by shutting her eyes so tight she was seeing blue dots. After the cold feeling had disappeared, Lyra opened her eyes and glanced at Harry to see if he had opened his own eyes, and he had. The carriage had pulled to a stop a couple minutes after, and as soon as they had stepped out of it a long drawling voice came from behind them, making Lyra's eyes immediately roll.

" You fainted Potter, is Longbottom telling the truth, you actually fainted!" Draco pushed passed student and Hermione as he made his way down the stone steps away from the castle " Ans you too cousin, how pathetic." Lyra was just about to say something snarky before Ron interrupted.

" Shove off Malfoy." Ron said, his hands balled into fist.

" Did you faint as well Weasley," Draco said, making sure that the noisy students could here him " Did the scary old dementor frighten you too, Weasley."

" Is there a problem?" Lupin said, getting out of the carriage that was behind Lyra's.

" Oh, er no Professor," Draco said sarcastically, as he eyes his patchy robes and greying hair.

Draco turned to Crabbe and Goyle, before leading them inside the castle.

" Erm, thanks." Lyra said, simply to Lupin as he walked towards the steps.

" No problem," He smiled kindly " Best be getting ahead with the other's don't you think." Lyra looking back towards the entrance and saw that Harry, Hermione and Ron had already started to make their way up, and said one more ' Thanks' before catching up with her friends.

" Potter, Black, Granger, I would like to see you three." Professor McGonagall, called out over the students heads. Lyra, Harry and Hermione all turned around to face her, slight confused expressions on their faces as they moved towards her " There's no need to look so worried, I just want a word in my office, move along there Weasley." Ron stopped and starred at the three as Professor McGonagall moved them along the crowded hall way and to her office.

***

After the brief meeting at Professor McGonagall's office the trio walking back to the great hall trying not to create a scene, however their discreetness was not needed as almost everyone began to not so secretly point at Lyra and Harry and whisper as they walked pass them. It must have gotten out about there little accident on the train. Lyra didn't really mind about the looks she was getting, as what people were thinking about her didn't really bother her, but she could see that it was bothering Harry, as strange stares always did. Harry and Hermione had both sat down on either side of Ron, and Lyra then sat next to Harry.