Chapter nine: Boggarts and Dreams

" Well do you see them Lyra?" Harry said, pointing to the mirror of Erised as Ron stood in front of it, admiring his older quidditch captain self.

" No, only Ron in the mirror with that stupid grin on his face." Lyra said, and Ron was far too transfixed to throw a comeback back at her. It was her first Christmas at Hogwarts, she was supposed to go home but after changing her mind so Harry wasn't alone and her parents going to the Muggle world to look after sick grandmother both her and her parents decided it was best for her to stay.

" Try standing here," Harry walked over to Lyra and took her by the shoulders and pushed Ron out of the way so she was now standing in his place " Now look." Lyra gazed into the mirror, at first she could only see herself in the maroon Weasley jumper and her checkered pyjama bottoms and slippers. But after a few seconds two people stepped forward and Lyra gasped. To the left of her a woman stood, well from her body frame she could tell it was a woman as her facial features were completely blurred, and so was the mans to the right of her.

For some reason they seemed familiar, even though she didn't know what they looked like it was something about the mans hair. How he swooped it to the side when he ran his fingers through his black hair and Lyra found herself following his moves. Lyra found herself trying to pick a face through her brain that would fit the man best but she failed, instead she looked at the only part of his face that was clear... his eyes. They were just like hers. Even down to the black ring around the eye and blue flecks swimming in grey.

And it was something about the the woman's hands, how they seemed to be exactly identical to hers. Lyra then gasped for the second time, when they woman nervously started fidgeting with a charm bracelet on her right wrist, the exact charm bracelet that Lyra had that she found in the box. That is where she knew them from! The cut out faces! It was them, these where the same people that where holding her in that photo!

" Well?" Harry said, and Lyra reluctantly looked away " Do you see them, do you see my parents?"

" Sorry Harry I don't, I see," She then looked back at the mirror, back at the woman and man " Me and..." she paused " And I'm quidditch captain of the Chudly Cannons."

ϟ 9¾ ⚯͛

Lyra's eyes opened wide and was immediately hit in the face by sunbeams that caused her to wince.

" Well that was random." She thought to herself as she starred up at the red velvet curtains.

ϟ 9¾ ⚯͛

During potions Lyra didn't pay much attention to anything else but her own potion. The dislike Snape had towards her would only slightly decrease as she was the best person at potions in her year ( Hermione a close second). She never really knew where she got her potions skills from, her mother and father had deeply disliked it when they where at school, and Dora was well... Dora, so it was quite a shock for Lyra when it had came to her as if it was second nature.

Neville as always had trouble with his potion, so under her breath she whispered the instructions slowly but clearly, and fortunately for Neville his toad wasn't poisoned but was turned into a tadpole, just as Lyra had planned. Unfortunately five points were taken from Gryffindor because of Lyra's help.

" Five points from Gryffindor because the potion was alright?" Ron groaned as they made their way to the great hall " Why didn't you just lie Lyra, you should've just said Neville did it all by himself!"

" We'll it's quite obvious that he didn't do it, so Snape would've taken more point off for Lying," Lyra said rolling her eyes as they climbed the steps " Tell him Hermione?" But she didn't answer.