thirty-four

Chan files for a month-long leave that same afternoon despite Jeongin's whining that Chan should stay in bed all day. Chan had argued that Jeongin should spend his own time whilst Chan was filing for a vacation and Jeongin had replied that spending his own time meant booking a flight to a place that Jeongin had wanted to go to for some time now and Chan wasn't going to refuse when Jeongin was smiling so energetically at the thought of a vacation. It was hard enough on Chan to get out of bed when Jeongin was wrapped up in his blankets and looking the way he does. Jeongin even went as far as to give him bedroom eyes so Chan thinks it's a personal achievement that he didn't give into the younger man.

The next day, instead of giving in to Jeongin's request of a stay-in date at his penthouse, Chan had very reluctantly reminded Jeongin that he needed to pack for their vacation. He didn't want to be so bossy but he knew that he might as well cancel their flight and resort reservations if Jeongin proposed staying locked inside the penthouse for the next month. But he also knows that Jeongin needs to get away and enjoy some time off properly, so he reminds Jeongin that once they're far from Seoul, then Jeongin could have Chan all to himself. Not that Jeongin didn't have the entirety of Chan as is.

Chan doesn't go back to Jeongin's penthouse so he video calls his boyfriend the moment he wakes up, amused and endeared that a clingy singer picks up the phone, asking for Chan to come over. Jeongin pouts at him and rolls around in bed whilst he whines, and even through a screen, Chan has trouble denying his precious star of his requests, but it's another personal achievement that he was able to stand firm in telling Jeongin to focus on packing because Jeongin had booked the earliest flight to a private island and they were leaving first thing tomorrow morning.

He's not sure about Jeongin, but Chan thought that he'd be packing his things in the peace and quiet of his apartment; that doesn't seem to be the case, however, because it's sometime in the afternoon when Chan hears one two-three-four five-six seven-eight coming from his front door. He sighs, knowing that the person on the other side isn't Jeongin because the singer has his own key, which meant that it was most likely a combination of Changbin, Felix, and Jisung, if not all three of them.

Chan opens the door and it turns out that it is all three of them.

"Aren't you supposed to be busy?" Chan asks his friends as they settled into his bedroom, where Chan was still packing clothes for his trip with Jeongin.

Felix flops onto Chan's bed. "We just came back from a music show, which you would know if you were interested in us."

Jisung, sat on the floor next to Chan's bed, snorts. "He's too busy running away with Jeongin to care that we've made our comeback."

Chan laughs at his friends and sits back down in front of his luggage. "You know that's not true. Tomorrow, Jeongin and I are going to watch you two perform every single day until your promotions are over. Yesterday and today have just been busy for us both so we weren't able to cheer you on."

Changbin, seated on the bed next to a laying Felix, snickers. "I can't believe the first thing you two do as soon as you tell us that you're dating is go on a vacation."

Chan shrugs, folding up a lime green sweater that he only bought because he thought it'd look good on Jeongin. "He just finished up with his own promotions and you all have been hounding me to use up my vacation days, so why not?"

"What's the plan, then?" Jisung asks him, genuinely excited and happy that his friends were finding time to be alone together. He had sulked about them keeping their relationship a secret already so now it was time to express how enthused he is about them.

"Some island resort that has these private cottages, so Jeongin and I are going to be alone unless we decide to hang out at the main building of the resort or if we want to go into the town." Chan explains as he recalls how Jeongin said that he always wanted to go there but never had the time to or the right people to go with.