eleven

Jeongin doesn't think he slept very well.

It's certainly not the blanket and pillow because it smells too much like Chan for it to bring him any discomfort but he'll admit that a couch isn't the most ideal place to sleep. Still, he doesn't think that where he slept can explain the unsettling feeling in his stomach the closer Chan drives to his condominium building. It's not unbearable just yet, more of an annoying tic somewhere deep in his gut that's clawing at his insides every time Cham turns a corner and they come closer to his building.

Or maybe there was something wrong with the food? Maybe he's having an allergic reactionㅡ that's absurd, he's not allergic to any food. And he was the one that suggested the restaurant they ordered from: one of his usual go-to restaurants for when he wants a quick dinner.

Maybe he's just that attached to the songwriter and he doesn't want to part ways with him yet. Jeongin knows he isn't the clingy type but he also knows how easily attached he can get with new people. Minho had called it obsessive in the least offensive way he canㅡ said that it was charming that Jeongin finds someone he wants to be close to and then just latches onto that person until they have a steady enough foundation for their relationship. So maybe Jeongin is just being clingy, but he knows he didn't feel this way when he first met Felix or Jisung or Hyunjin or any of the others but... Chan is different. He's not just a friend.

That sounds right. In a completely absurd, immature kind of way.

But no matter how right it is, it doesn't hit the nail as accurately as what Jeongin sees on the entrance of his building when Chan parks in front of it. No, the uncomfortable feeling in his gut wasn't him sulking because he had to say goodbye to Chan and he really wished it was.

He tenses and Chan is quick to notice Jeongin's posture; from the comfortable smile on his face, Chan's lips turn downwards in concern over the singer's demeanor. "Innie, is there something wrong?"

Jeongin keeps his eyes on the group of three standing by the revolving doors, waiting for something, someone, to show up. Goosebumps litter his arms the moment one of them spots Chan's car and Jeongin thanks the windows for being unbelievably tinted because they don't spare the car another glance after that.

Chan sees where Jeongin is looking and leans closer to him to hold his hand. He talks lowly, like he and Jeongin are not alone and in the safety of his car; in a way, that's how Jeongin currently feels. "Jeongin, do you know them?"

The warmth in his hand makes him tear his eyes away from the group of three and meet Chan's worried gaze. Chan sees the fear in Jeongin's eyes and he almost couldn't believe that these were the eyes of the confident Yang Jeongin. Right now, Chan sees the vulnerability that generally isn't seen in people of Jeongin’s status.

"They've..." Jeongin pauses. He gauges Chan's reaction, sees the way he's patiently waiting for Jeongin to find the right words and Jeongin is reminded that he's with Chan; and Chan makes him feel safe. "They've been following me for a while now."

That instantly gets Chan on high alert. He kisses Jeongin onceㅡ to calm him down, to tell him his safe, or just for the sake of it, Jeongin doesn't have the time to wonderㅡ and then his hand before he lets go and sits up straight to start the car.

"Where are we going?" Jeongin asks when they drive away.

Chan glances at him before turning back to the road. "You're staying at my place tonight."

He blinks. "I am?"

"You don't think I'd let you deal with stalkers, do you?" Chan asks him. His tone is protective but the smile he flashes Jeongin is so gentle that the younger wants to curl up in his arms right this second.