twenty-one

Jeongin had changed outfits four times today and it was barely evening. In the morning, he was in his usual casual clothes, then changed into his stage outfit for a music show performance (he won first place, which had him jumping around the stage in utmost happiness during the encore stage, which he enjoyed with the other artists on the show), then he had to change and head on to a variety show guesting, where he also had to change before recording started because he had to wear sponsored clothesㅡ and then he had managed to get the penalty of being pushed into the pool, so he changed into dry clothes after that.

So in his fifth outfit of the day, he reaches the broadcast station, where he's going to be on the radio for an interview.

"Let's talk about your album," the MC for the show says. She's a sweet actress, which was why Jeongin enjoys being on her show whenever he gets an invite. She feels like an older sister to him whenever they stumble across each other and even when they don't go out of their way to hang out, their interactions have always been pleasant. "one of your b-sides got as much attention as your title track."

Jeongin knows exactly what she's talking about. "Memory Of Your Scent! Yeah, I was really happy to see that, too." he smiles brightly even when only his voice was being broadcasted. It doesn't matter, the smile in his tone could be heard. "It's my favourite track in the album, so seeing that my fans enjoyed it as well makes me so happy."

"You said that you and CB97 have gotten close since working on the song?" she asks him and Jeongin will take any chance to talk about Chan, no matter how heavily filtered his words need to come out. He perks up in his seat at the mention of the older man. "It really does look like you two have hit it off, judging from your interactions now."

"We have. I've always looked up to him and enjoyed his songs, so when I was told that he wanted to give me one of his songs, I was really nervous and excited." he laughs. "Then when we met, we just clicked. We also had some mutual friends so it was easier to relate to each other when we first met." Jeongin bites on his lip, tasting the hint of peach from his chapstick. "These past few months, he's been a really great friend to me and I'm so happy that I got the chance to work with him."

The actress gushes over Jeongin for a while before moving on to the next questions, asks Jeongin his opinions on the songs they're playing on the radio and sharing banter with him until it was time to leave and Jeongin is set to go home. He decides against Minho's suggestion of changing again, opting that a shower would make him feel more refreshed than a simple change of clothes would, and almost falls asleep as his manager drives him home but no one can blame him when he's been on his feet all day.

That all goes out the window when he bids Minho goodbye and good night and he steps into his building to see Chan sitting on one of the lobby chairs, waiting for him. He runs up to the older, hugging him tightly even before Chan could stand properly to greet him.

"Missed you." Jeongin mumbles before pulling away, albeit reluctantly, but if he won't let go then it would thread too far from a friendly gesture in the eyes of the lobby staff. He can wait until they're in the confines of his penthouse and away from wandering eyes.

"Let's go?" Chan asks as he tilts his head to the direction of the elevators, seeing how tired Jeongin is and wanting nothing more than to tuck the singer in bed to catch some sleep.

Jeongin nods and they walk to the elevator, not needing to wait too long for one since it was barely an hour to midnight and most people were already at home by this time.

"You know you can just go right up, baby." Jeongin says with a small tilt of his head when the elevator doors close, leaving them alone. "The employees already know you, and you have your own key to use."