thirteen

When Chan's car pulls up in front of Jeongin's agency building, Minho is already standing outside, waiting for them with two cups of hot coffee in his hand, bought from one of Jeongin's favourite coffee shops so that the younger would have a mood lift considering the events of the night before. Chan had offered to go out to buy Jeongin coffee to drink with his breakfast earlier but the younger refused to let the older man leave, so they settled for getting Minho to buy Jeongin his daily dose of morning caffeine instead.

"You're going down?" Jeongin asks when Chan parks the car and pulls the keys out of the ignition. He watches as Chan clicks off his seatbelt and gets ready to step out of the car with him.

Chan nods, smiles at him, and winks. "I have to talk to Minho real quick. Come on, I'll walk you."

When he sees Chan and Jeongin stepping out of the car, Minho quickly scans over Jeongin's figure despite the distance between them. The singer doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or sporting any major injuries and as they're walking from the parking spot to the entrance of the building, Minho is relieved when he deems Jeongin alive and well. Glowing, even.

"You good?" the first thing Minho asks Jeongin when he and Chan are within earshot of reasonable speaking voices. He knows that he should trust Jeongin's judge of character and that he should be aware that Jeongin simply won't stay with someone if he's not sure that he'd feel comfortable with that person but Minho can't help the slight tinges of worry that plagued his mind since last night, knowing that Jeongin was with someone that neither of them knew too much about.

Granted, Chan's reputation is admirable, not just with work but with his friends. Jisung had sung praises in Chan's name when Minho asked about him and Felix and Changbin seem to be close to him as well so Minho knows that there's nothing to worry about. That didn't mean Minho had been up later than he should be after he had called Jeongin's building about the stalkers outside, on the phone with Jisung and worried about Jeongin being alone with someone that hardly passed the premise of an acquaintance but Jisung had assured him enough to get him to go to bed.

Jeongin seems to like Chan a lot, too, so Minho shouldn't stress himself out too much if the singer is comfortable with who he stayed with when he had to evade his stalkers. If anything, he's grateful that Chan was able to keep Jeongin away from his stalkers last night.

Jeongin accepts the warm coffee being handed to him with a bright smile. "Yup. Chan said he has to talk to you so can we bring this inside? I want to sit down."

Neither of the older men go against the youngest's wishes and simply follow him inside to the lobby as Jeongin blows on the mouthpiece of his hot coffee to cool it down enough for him to take a sip. He sits down on one of the sofa chairs decorating the lobby, looking between his manager and Chan as he fully intends to listen in on what they have to talk about.

Before that, though, Minho eyes the lone cup of coffee in Jeongin's hands before looking at his own, then back at the singer. "Are you sure you don't want to eat anything?"

Jeongin doesn't eat in the mornings a lot but it's also not unusual for the singer to want something light for breakfast every now and then. And knowing that Jeongin has trouble sleeping when he's not at home, Minho worried that Jeongin didn't get enough sleep last night and lacks energy. With the way his eyes are glittering with energy even before he's halfway through his first cup of coffee tells Minho that he's in a great state but it never hurts to ask.

Jeongin is smiling when he nods. "Yup, Channie made me breakfast before we left."

The way Jeongin keeps his smile on his face even after he says the moniker makes Chan tilt his head at the singer in adoration. It's taking a lot of willpower for Chan to not sit down and pull him into his lap.