1. Shifting

Hara's P.O.V.

I had to be careful and make careful moves, yet my mind was foggy. I had a bad sleep last night and so the first thing that I did was to prepare a strong coffee for myself. I put a sugar cube in the black coffee and stirred it slowly as my plans stirred in my mind while I was checking and rechecking them.

A small perfect left my mouth as I sipped on the coffee and thought about my plans. The footsteps of another person were soon heard in the quiet house.

Turning around from the kitchen countertop, I saw my foster mother all set to leave for her work.

"Hey dear. Good morning."

"Good morning Mom," I replied to her with a soft smile on my face while trying my best to hide my tiredness.

"I gotta tell you something," she started fidgeting with her fingers as she sat down to have her breakfast.

"What is it?" I too seated myself on the chair, sipping on my coffee and crossing my legs at my ankles.

"We are moving to Seoul tomorrow mor-

"WHAT!?" Cutting her off in between I screamed, standing suddenly making the chair fall back and a few splashes of coffee to fall down as well. I kept the mug on the table and wiped my hands from tissues as some coffee fell on my hands as well.

"Why are we moving back to Seoul!? I don't wanna go there," saying that I turned towards the glass paneled sliding doors and went to the connecting balcony.

The mere name of Seoul brings chills down my spine. Memories start reviving even though it has been years since I have been there and years since those incidents happened.

"Hara, dear, listen to mother," my mother tried to coax me but I was not going to give in.

"No Mom, no. I don't wanna go back there. Please. If you have to, then you can but I won't go back. Not a chance," I knew I had to go back there ultimately but facing all of them that time, I had no idea if I would have been able to handle myself.

"Sweetie at least listen to your mother once. I know you don't want to go back. I know that it reminds you of your family but listen once. Just for once. Please?"

I did not understand what explanation she had that would convince me to move back to Seoul, the place where I lost so many loved ones of mine.

"Fine. Tell me what words would convince me to go back," I turned away from her and put my hands on the guardrail.

"I've been transferred to Seoul. My boss gave me the transfer letter yesterday so that's why. And also that I have a boyfriend who lives in Seoul. He has to travel every now and then to meet me. We are in long distance. And now that I've been transferred there. It would be easy for the both of us.

"I know it's hard for you but I can't just leave you here. That's why I told you we are moving back or else it would have been just me going back," Mom came to my side and stood beside me as she spoke.

"Mom I'm not a child anymore," I tried to make her understand but she would not budge.

"But you're my baby," that made me smile.

"Oh, that I am but still I can take care of myself very well. Don't worry about me. I'll live here. You go back," I started walking away and out of the balcony.

"I'm getting married," that froze me.

"Really?" I questioned her as I turned around.

"Yeah, two weeks later," I just stared at her.
"I haven't even met him yet. He's going to be my dad. I gotta meet him once before you marry," I stated the obvious. Yes, I had not met him yet but I knew about their relationship from the very start.

"Yes of course you should meet him. That's why we are moving back to Seoul. Since I'm getting married I'll live there. You also come with me and live there. Till the wedding at least. After that if you wish then you could leave," I saw her unsaid plea in her eyes. I know she wants me to live with her even after the wedding. We have been with each other for eight years now. Just me and her. Of course she would want me to be with her.

Yeah there are memories in Seoul which hurt me every now and then. But one day or the other I had to go back then why not now. So that's why I complied with her. Though I am not ready at the moment to go back. But still I have to.

"Okay fine. I'll come with you and live there," I went to her and gave a side hug.

"Thank you sweetie," she pecked my forehead. Tears were glistening in her eyes.

"You don't need to thank me mom," wiping her eyes, I gave her a flying kiss and went away from there.

"I'll do all the arrangements for me moving back there. I hope you've done yours," I told her while I was walking away.

She just gave out a yup. After that I went to my room and got ready for the day. I took the day off from the university and packed everything. Got my transfer certificate and everything else that was needed.

Mom was also busy completing all her work left here and some of the packing that was left.

By dinner time we both were all set to leave for Seoul the next morning.

The next morning we both boarded the flight and left for Seoul, the capital city of South Korea.

Upon reaching Seoul, we got in our booked cab to go to our new home.

While we were in the cab I asked mom, "Where are we going to stay mom?"

"Gong Yoo has provided an apartment, that's where we're gonna live," mom told me while rummaging through her handbag for the keys of the apartment.
I just nodded my head. The whole ride was silent after that. We both had our earphones plugged and were just doing our own business.

After some time we arrived at the apartment. The cab driver even helped us unload our things. We then entered the apartment.

The whole day then went by unpacking our things and settling down in the house.

I was really tired so straight after dinner I went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and got ready and went downstairs.

Then I had my breakfast and went to see my new university before I started the classes. It's Sunday today and I will join tomorrow.

It is July going on now so three months of the new academic year is already over in South Korea and in America an academic year has just ended. So I am going to start my second year of graduation now, even though three months of the academic year are already over.

In the evening, I came back home after roaming around the city. My day went quite well.

Reminiscing about the events of the last few days, I ate my dinner and went to sleep.

I am going to have a new start of my life from tomorrow.

While thinking about everything, my eyes drooped and I fell into a peaceful slumber.

_________________________

The chapter ends here. I know the chapter was dead boring but have some patience guys cuz patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet.

And please do support me and please vote as well.

Bye.