Chapter fourteen: Worried

⚠️T/W: Mentions of (past): Cheating, alcoholism, abuse⚠️

It's been three days since I last spoke to Karl. I tried to message him on Discord, but he didn't respond. Though he was in the MrBeast videos, he didn't seem quite happy and many fans noticed that. I was getting worried about him, so I decided to ask Jimmy about the whole situation since he was close to Karl. I managed to get Jimmy to the kitchen so I could talk to him. We sat across from each other at the dining table, "Jimmy, I'm getting worried about Karl, is he ok?" I asked, seeing Jimmy's eyes widen, meaning that it was something serious. I waited patiently for him to answer my question. He exhaled deeply and looked up at me with an apologetic look, "Karl told me that his father arranged a wedding for him since he hasn't gotten in a relationship yet, and Karl isn't even ready for marriage." He said, turning his gaze away from mine, knowing my response. My eyes widened with shock when I heard the news. I felt my chest hurt, especially the heart area. I looked at Jimmy, an insane-looking smile across my face, "Y-You're joking, right? Please tell me you are." I pleaded, waiting for Jimmy to laugh and say: 'I got you!'

Jimmy shook his head, "I know you liked him, Sap, I'm sorry." He sighed, "But, for how long?" He asked.

My smile slowly turned into a frown, "I don't know, ever since I first saw him in one of your videos I instantly caught feelings." I answered him, burying my face in my palms.

"I think you should confess to him, that'll probably make his Dad cancel the wedding." Jimmy said.

I looked up at him, "I barely know him and he barely knows me." I argued. Then, I thought about what would happen if I actually confessed to him. What if he suddenly turns into an alcoholic and abuses me just like what happened before—or what if he does the same thing Arthur did to me, getting a woman pregnant and leaving the kid in my custody, "Listen, I think you should let it out of your chest either way or crash the wedding." Jimmy's words made me snap out of my thoughts.

"I'll think about it." I said before leaving the kitchen and heading to my room.

It's been another three days. I didn't have any motivation to stream anything since I've been so stressed out on choosing my decision. I sat at my desk watching YouTube videos, trying to get my mind off things until I heard someone calling me on Discord. I thought it was Mai, but was surprised when I saw it was Karl. I immediately accepted the call, "Hey, Karl, I was so worried about you." I said right after I entered.

Shuffling could be heard from the other end, "Hey, Sapnap, I'm sorry I've been really stressed out—I'm sure Jimmy told you why." He sniffled. Has he been crying?

I sighed out of pity, "Yeah, he did, I'm really sorry you're going through all that."

"It's fine, I—"

"Dad, look at what Tucker made me at daycare!" I heard Noah's voice say from behind me.

"Dad? Sapnap you're married?!" Karl asked, surprised and confused.

"No, I'm a single father actually."

"Who are you talking to?" Noah asked, getting closer to me and climbing on my lap.

"I'm talking to Karl, do you want to talk to him as well?" I asked him, earning a nod. I took my headphones off and placed them on his head, "Hello?" He asked, waiting for a response. I saw a green circle around Karl's profile, meaning that he was talking, "I'm good, thank you!" Noah said, giggling.

The two spoke for a while until Noah got a bit sleepy. I took the headphones off him and placed them on my head. After hearing Noah and Karl's conversation, I decided to do something, "Hey, Karl, I really need to tell you something really important in person." I said, biting my lip.

"Oh, ok, but why not on call?" He asked.

"It's going to be proper if it's in person." I told him, hoping he would be convinced.

"Ok, but don't you need a specific place so you can tell me?"

"Oh, yeah, I'll send the location to you tomorrow. Be there at five in the afternoon, ok?"

"Ok."

A/N; Sorry for the short chapter and the long wait

Word count; 732

Edited; Nah

Hope you have a good day or night!