Chapter thirteen: It's for the Better

⚠️T/W: Homophobia⚠️

A/N: This story takes place in November of 2020 (I know Karl joined the SMP before that date, but it's only two months after) and there are going to be lots of time skips

I was having a good time on the SMP while having Sapnap here with me as well. We weren't streaming or anything because we wanted to get to know each other better and we wanted privacy when we did, the shippers would've been fed if we were streaming. I was running through the magical flower field in the SMP while Sapnap stood and watched me, giggling. I grabbed a flower so I could offer it to him—but before I could offer it, I heard something surprising, "Hey, Sap, I'm back from Chris' and I'm hungry. Be a good younger brother and cook me something." I heard Jimmy's voice say from the other line. I then heard someone leaving the voice call. Sapnap is Jimmy's younger brother? I was excited, but nervous at the same time. Was that why Jimmy told me to stop ranting about Sapnap? Jimmy said that he's protective of his siblings, and I've been recently talking all about Sapnap, non stop. So, if Sapnap is Jimmy's younger brother. I let out a shaking sigh and began to worry as I rested my head in my hands. Until I heard someone message me on Discord, making me look up and rushingly leave the game and check the message. I sighed out of relief when I saw it was Sapnap. He said he needed to go and we could talk tomorrow. I shut off my PC after reading that relieving message from him. I used my hands to help climb on the sheeted white mattress. I turned to my side, imagining Sapnap there pulling me in a warm embrace as he whispered sweet nothings to my eyes. I've been having fantasies like these for a bit about Sapnap and I dating and some went too far—but let's not get into that!

It was the following day. I sat at the doorstep tying my shoelaces after I got ready to shoot a video with the crew. I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday—I mean it could've been a joke, but Jimmy was actually at Chris' so how would he know? I shook my head as I stood up and reached for the door handle. I was simply greeted by a cold breeze, it was November after all. I hurriedly headed to my car and slammed the car door shut when I got in. I reached my hand out for the car heater on so I wouldn't freeze to death. Before I started the car I heard my phone notification go off. I pulled it out of my pocket to see who the notification was from, it was from my calendar, 'November 23: Pickup my parents from the airport at 6pm!' It said, my eyes widened, "I completely forgot about that, but it's only ten o'clock." I said before unlocking my phone and sending a message to Jimmy. I then pressed the small button on the side of my phone; the screen immediately turned black. I set my phone down and began driving. My parents don't live in North Carolina with me, so they visit every holiday. I really wanted to meet them, but my father and I's relationship wasn't that great since he was homophobic and I've shown an intrest to men ever since I was thirteen. I never told him, but I told my Mom and she thankfully understood. Then, he noticed that I never got a girlfriend or showed any interest in any women so he forced me to tell him why, and —when I told him— he started calling me a mistake and an embarrassment to him. My Mom ended up scolding him and almost hitting him while doing so.

We were halfway done filming until Jimmy pulled me away from everyone, "Karl, I have to talk to you." He said as we stopped walking.

I gave him a confused look, "Is there anything wrong?" I asked, tilting my head a bit.

He sighed, "Do you remember yesterday when you and Sapnap were on a call and I walked in?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. I nodded in response, "Well, can you please not tell anyone about that, ok? It's for privacy reasons." He said.

"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." I said, smiling warmly at him.

He then checked the time on his watch, "It's a quarter to six, aren't you going to pick up your parents?" He asked, chuckling.

My eyes widened, "You're right! Continue filming without me!" I said, rushing to my car. I heard Jimmy laugh hysterically in the background.

I sat down at the dining table across from my parents. We ate quietly, enjoying the silence, until my Dad decided to break it, "Son, you're twenty-three, you should be married by now." He said, slightly mad.

I looked up at him and laughed nervously, "But, I'm not ready for marriage—"

He cut me off, "That's why I'm arranging your wedding, you'll be marrying Eleanor Wright. She's a wonderful woman—"

My eyes widened when I heard the news. I clenched my fist and felt my eyes water, "Dad, I just told you I'm not ready for marriage, I'm not interested in women!" I cut him off, "And, I love someone else."

He crossed his arms and scoffed, "Well, either way, you're getting married! It's for the best!" He yelled.

I banged my hand on the table and rose from my seat, "I don't want to! Why can't you just understand that?!" I stood there for a few moments before running upstairs to my room, sobbing, "Karl! Wait!" I heard my Mother call, but I ignored her and slammed the door shut. I ran to my purple sheeted bed and collapsed beside it, sobbing in the sheets. I then heard the door open, "Karl, sweetie?" I heard my Mother's sweet voice ask, softly. Her footsteps came closer to me and then I heard a small thud beside me. I felt a soft, warm hand stroke my hair, "I'm just as mad and surprised as you are. If I knew about this sooner I would've stopped him. I'll talk to him and force him to cancel the wedding." I heard her say before leaving a small peck on my head.

Word count; 1038

Edited; Nah

Hope you have a good day or night!