Chapter twelve: Wrong Timing, Jimmy

!Important A/N!; In the story, Sapnap had moved on from his past abusive relationships by visiting the therapist for almost a year, although he still gets flashbacks even though—just like what we saw in chapter three. Sapnap didn't tell Punz and Jimmy about his flashbacks that he has every once in a while. Sapnap sometimes forgets about the situations or tries to hide his pain and stops himself from breaking down into a sobbing fit when gets the flashbacks.

I had already taken Noah to daycare, making sure to leave as quickly as possible when Mr. Williams took him inside his class. Jimmy went to visit Chris and Punz was streaming and making fun of me—as usual. I sat at my desk, editing a new video for my fans and supporters. As I was editing, I kept getting flashbacks from the time I had spoken to Karl in the VC. I wondered why I didn't get a flashback of one of my past relationships when I spoke to him in the VC, but got a flashback when I spoke to him in real life. I kept getting lost in thought instead of getting my work done. I then heard someone calling me on Discord, making me snap out of my thoughts. I quickly checked Discord and saw that Karl was calling me. I decided to join the call because I was already bored and I loved chatting with someone as I work, "Hello, Sappy! I haven't talked to you for a bit." My cheeks were dusted with a pink color as I heard his adorable voice, it was weirdly enthusiastic as it was seven in the morning.

I let out a small laugh, "Morning, Karl, how are you today?" I asked, getting back to my editing software and continued editing my video.

I could hear him yawn, "Good, after I saw all the Karlnap fanart on Twitter, and I couldn't have been better!" I smiled at his excitement as I typed a few things onto google, trying to get a weirdass image, "What are you doing, Sappy?" He asked, hearing shuffling from his side.

I took my hands off my keyboard and brought them together, cracking my knuckles, "Just editing a video for my fans, you?" I asked, getting back to editing my video. I was happy with his presence or else I would've lost my motivation to edit this video.

"I had nothing better to do, so I decided to chat with you for a bit since you're the only one online on Discord." He simply replied, ending our conversation. It was a comfortable silence though; we were enjoying our presences. I opened Discord and saw that he had his facecam open but was hiding half face in his arms. I frowned at the sight, "Karl, is there something wrong?" I asked, a bit worried that he was feeling sad after he ended our conversation. I saw his eyes look up at his facecam then back down, "I want to see your face—but it's fine if you don't want to." He said, making me let out a chuckle before happily opening my facecam and my camera on Discord. He looked up and his eyes quickly changed from gloomy and bored to happy and shocked. I giggled at his reaction, it was way too adorable. I saw his cheeks flush into a light-red color after I giggled, "I also wanted to tell you about Mai's script idea for us since I forgot to tell you earlier." I immediately got curious, remembering what he said in that stream. I knew he could see it from my expression, "Yeah, I remember that, so what was her script idea? Hope it's not anything extreme." I said, making him giggle nervously and look to the side, "We're going to be fiancés in the lore." He said, shyly as he looked down at his desk. My eyes widened and my face flushed as I heard that. I groaned, "Should've seen it coming, God, that Mai!" I sighed as I rested my forehead in my hand, "So sorry about her, Karl." I said, getting back to editing my video, embarrassed.

Karl giggled, "It's fine, I know that she can act like that." He said, taking a sip from his Monster can.

"How do you know Mai?" I asked, still editing the video. He paused for a moment, making me get a bit suspicious about him. Were he and Mai friends before? Did Mai tell him the secret?— "I started watching her streams not too long and observed her behavior around —who I think is— you." He said.

"How did you not recognize me when you saw that mediashare of me?" I asked. He paused again, taking a sip from his Monster. I heard him slam his Monster can on his desk, "Well, you don't show your face often, so how am I supposed to recognize you?" He had a point. I wasn't showing my face a lot these days because of all the hate comments and death threats, so I decided not to show my face anymore. However, my fans noticed this and started calling out the haters which ended up getting me an appreciation day on the 1st of December. I didn't want any of it to happen, but it was amazing to know that you have fans that support no matter what and will take action. I sighed deeply, "I just—don't want to talk about it.." I said, hoping he wouldn't push me to explain everything. I heard a sigh of pity from the other line, "I understand, but you can talk to me whenever you feel like it." He said, making me smile lightly before I got back to editing. It went silent again for almost thirty minutes. I leaned back in my chair and cracked my knuckles, "I'm finally done, I just need to upload it." I said, leaning forward and hearing a small 'yay!' from the other line. I chuckled tiredly and rested my head on my desk, "Can we play on the SMP and go to that flower field we found—or are you too tired?" Karl asked, his voice was way too adorable, it made butterflies fly all over my stomach. Jacobs, what are you doing to me..?

Karl giggled as I saw his character run through the flower field. We weren't streaming or anything because we wanted to talk and get to know each other better. Then, "Hey, Sap, I'm back from Chris' and I'm hungry. Be a good younger brother and cook me something." I heard Jimmy say from behind me. I quickly left the VC and turned to him, "I was on a call with Karl Jacobs, you dumbass!" I yelled at him.

His eyes widened when he realized what I said, "Were you live?!" He asked, panicked and worried. I shook my head and he sighed in relief, "I'm going to talk to him tomorrow since we have to record something for the main and gaming channel." I nodded and he left the room. I quickly apologized to Karl and told him I had to go. He understood and told me we can talk later. I leaned back in my chair and put my hands on my face and sighed. Great.

A/N; Sorry for the five day wait

Word count; 1137

Edited; Nah

Hope you have a good day or night!