Thirty-One

Irene

The one thing that you wanted to the most, the that one thing that will ruin me too.

I wanted so bad to be accepted as her daughter, feel the love of a father, with exchange of losing three of the most important people in my life. My friends, and Seulgi. My ambition to be known and accepted as her daughter made me something that I am not.

This is not me, this is not what my mom taught me. This is not how Seulgi and my friends known me. I can't be like this forever.

And so I made the decision the I know will be the best for us, especially for me. I don't care what happens after, but I need to stop this.

I dialed the one person, and I hope she'll help me even after what I did to her.

"Seul? It's Rene. I need your help."

~

I didn't get any answer from her, but I still waited. Praying every single minute that she will show up.

But the heavens are still good to me, when the cafe bell rings signaling someone entered and it was Seulgi. She showed up. I raised my arm to get her attention and she easily spot me. But the next scene broke me into pieces, a man approaches her, and pulled her into a kiss, on the lips and waves goodbye to her after wards.

I want to avert my eyes from them. Because it hurts. But my gut feeling tells me I deserve it. Seulgi deserves everything in the world, not the way I treated and the way I dump her after all that she'd done for me. I deserve the pain, because I was selfish.Thinking I can be someone i can be. I choose to be someone I am not. I choose to live without her just to get a glimpse of something that I wanted the most.

"Hi." Seulgi greeted shyly, but I was frozen. I kept staring at her, still mesmerize by her beauty and hurt, because the woman I love, is now with someone else, and not me. "Hey.." she wave her hand in front of me that made me blink my eye and return my attention to my purpose here.

"I'm sorry, I uh.. have a seat please." I cleared my throat as I offered the chair opposite to mine. "Thank you, for uh.. showing up. This means so much to me."

"What can I do for you?" Wow, no more how are you, or miss you.

"I need your help with Jennie and Lisa." Seulgi harshly stood up, obviously her mood changes. She's angry.

"If this is about ruining them, forget it. I know what you did, and lying about your mother sick? Seriously Irene, are you really this desperate to get Lisa? Our sister?"

"Seul, just listen to me first. It's now what you think." I calmly said, trying to shush her because her tone suddenly rise up. Some people inside the cafe started looking at us.

"Then what is it? Tell me why do I have to help you."

"Seul I did that because of my father."

"What is it have to do with Jennie and Lisa??"

"Mr. Yang is my father Seul. You know how much I wanted to feel a fathers love. He made me do it and I did, because I thought he'll accept me if I did. But it's not. Believe I wanted to do no harm to them. You know how much I love them, but I was blinded. I believe it will make a difference when I follow him. But I was wrong Seul, and I wanted to make it right. Please help me make it right." I said, almost crying. The look on her face tells how shock she is. And she helplessly sat back on her chair, her mouth opening and closing as she try to form the words.