Twenty-One

Jennie

The next few days became more uncomfortable for me. Irene had been constantly calling my wife, asking for her mothers condition. Every time I look at my wife talking to her, my heart feels like congesting inside. It hurts in a way that I shouldn't.

Lisa cares for her mother and that is all. I know. But I can't help but feel the pain, of being jealous. It's unavoidable, and I can't do anything about it.

My wife has been going to Aunt Cecile every other day, traveling back and forth to the village and back to sales, consuming almost 3 hours of her time.

Our free time for each other was consumed by her visiting Irene's mom. I understand. I swear I do. But why do I feel like it's too much now?

There were many times that I wanted to come with her, but our schedules won't just fit in. With the upcoming Christmas, Nieeh is becoming very in-demand now. I need to meet deadlines and project. Outside Nieeh, I have a fully book photoshoots and endorsements.

Jisoo was always there, together with Rosie. Whenever I am not around. Though Lisa is busy on her own, she still assures that she visits me wether its in my office, or on my shoots. But that isn't enough for me.

I rarely see her. Often time I only got to see her already sleeping on our bed when I got home, or maybe I was the one sleeping because she'll be home late from visiting Aunt Celine, or I'll saw her the morning before she leaves. On a worst case, we don't see each other at all.

It bothers me. How I feel like we are slowly drifting apart. And I was fully honest with her. What I felt. And she'll do anything to make me feel less worried. She'll stay all day, but her mind still wonders on the woman who save her. She'll continuously checks her phone, waiting for someone to call. Or she'll call the hospital to check Aunt Celine. I just can't get her to myself. And it's starting to frustrate me.

Can I be selfish again? This time can I be selfish again to the woman who save her? Do you think it will be unfair if I told her that I wanted her to think of me too?

~

"What do you think hun? This one? Or that one we saw near the aisle?" I said as I check the Christmas ornaments I am holding. Seconds passed and I don't receive any answer from my companion.

"Love." But Lisa remained texting on her phone. Not even minding me. We decided to shop some christmas ornaments for our house but here she is, focusing on her phone not interested on choosing.

"Yes? Oh. You decide hun. You always choose the better." Lisa said and continued texting.

I sighed. "You've said that since we got here. Are you really on this Lisa? We decided to choose together. But since we got here, your interest seems to be not here." I am starting to get annoyed.

"Jennie it's not like that-"

I turn around, placing the ornaments a little harsh. "Then what Lisa? You're always on the phone, you're always out. It's the only time we are together again and here you are messing it. Why don't you just go back there."

My excited mood changes quickly. And I stomp out of the store leaving Lisa there. This is the only time we have and here I am pushing her away. Great. Just great. Can you blame me? I just want some time alone, but I can't.