𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

"I can't believe we're going to finals" Suna says as we walk back to our hotel room. "I never doubted you guys, I knew you'd make it" I say with a smile, as I press the button on the elevator. "I'm so tired tho" Suna yawns, leaning against me. 

We get to our hotel room, immediately collapsing unto our beds. 

I can hear Suna's breathing slow as soon as he closes his eyes. His head rests on the pillow, palms facing the ceiling. I play with his hair, watching him fall asleep. 

I place a blanket on him to keep him from getting cold.

I sit on the edge of the bed as I watch his face relax, his world at peace. There's a serene silence in room 408. I enjoy this peace, until I hear my stomach grumble. I reach over to the hotel pad, grab the pen and leave a note for Suna, letting him know my whereabouts.

I gently close the door, and walk down the hall. I can hear Atsumu and Osamu fighting, don't they ever get tired? I sigh, and press the down button on the elevator. 

I reach the lobby, moving sluggishly, with one goal in mind. Food.

I grab some boba and 8 onigiris, figuring Atsumu and Osamu would want some as well. I think of the mood of everyone, some are excited while others are tired. There's no in between, just tired and excited.

Suna and I spend the rest of the day in our hotel room, and prepare for tomorrow.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

I sit on the bench, with my notebook in one hand and pen in the other. Coach tells me a little about the other team, but halfway through his explanation, his voice gets drowned out by what I'm seeing.

I watch as a girl with long black hair, and clear blue eyes, skips over to Suna with a smile on her face. She hugs Suna, and he hugs her back. There's a pang in my chest, as I watch them not being able to do anything about it. The rest of the team's attention is also on Suna and this girl.

Suna takes a step back and smiles while talking to the girl. She waves and gives him a peck on the cheek. The same cheek I've kissed, the soft skin I've touched and caressed. 

Suna wipes his cheek, but you can't wipe away this feeling in my chest. My eyes tear up a little, but it's enough for me to embarrass myself.

"Don't rip you're notebook, y/n" Coach chuckles and looks at me. I look down at my hands and realize my strong grip on the notebook. "Oh, uh sorry. I'll go to the bathroom before the game begins." I place my belongings on the bench, and rush out.

As I walk away, I can feel everyone's eyes on me, making me walk faster. 

I close the bathroom stall, and wipe my tears away. "Damn it" I mutter. I sit there, with thoughts running through my mind. 

"You're too dramatic"     "Get over yourself"       "Stop being a baby"
"Stop being sensitive"    "She's just a friend"      "She's prettier than you, of course he likes her"

I splash water unto my face, and hear the door creak. I look up and see the same girl as before. "You're Inarizaki's manager, right?" She says with a smirk.

 "Yes I'm-" I say but get cut off. "Good, I just want to let you know, even thought you're dating Suna, he's only doing it out of pity. I'll date him, he loves me more-" She rants.

I splash water unto her face, and look her in the eyes "Suna wouldn't date someone like you" I walk out, my hands in a tight fist.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

I sit back down, and the game has already started. I focus for the sake of the team, putting my feelings aside. 

We lose the first set, and the team's drinking water, their spirit's down. "Guys cheer up, we still have the second set to win" I grin, but everyone can tell I'm not my usual self. 

"Y/n, are you okay?" Atsumu puts a hand on my shoulder, looking me in the eyes. "Huh? Of course I'm good" I smile again, the team seeing through my lie. They all nod, and leave me with Suna. 

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He asks in a concerned voice. He locks eyes with me, and I look away.Tears swell up my eyes, "Who was that girl, don't tell me she's just a friend" I say my voice breaking, and I look him dead in the eyes.

His eyes widen, and then he frowns. "she's an old family friend" he sighs, putting both of his hands on my shoulder. He pulls me closer to him, my head against his chest.

"But she said you love her more," I say burying my face in his chest. "Look, I'll explain later, but I don't have any feelings for her." Suna says, tilting my chin up, forcing me to look at him. "Just ignore her, okay?" He walks to the team, as I drown in shame. 

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

You watch as this short orange haired boy lines up next to the others. "I didn't notice him before" You think, wondering why such a short guy could make the team.

The second set is more aggressive, with the entire team focused. But that didn't stop the duo on the other side of the net. A tall, black haired guy with an angry look on his face, and the orange haired one from earlier.

He sets, and the other jumps, high enough to slam the ball unto the other side of the net.

Inarizaki fought hard, but it didn't stop them from losing.

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

Inarizaki lines up for their  silver medals, their eyes glimmering. I pull out my camera, and take a team picture. 

The other team, Karasuno, lines up as they receive their trophy. The small guy, Hinata smiles from ear to ear.

I smile as I watch Inarizaki celebrate their victory.

>> small time skip<<

"Second place, not bad." I say as we walk around Tokyo. "Yeah, I thought we'd get first. We've been training so hard-" 

"You'll always be first place in my heart" I say, and form a heart shape with my hands. Suna laughs, and ruffles my hair. I take a deep breath,

"But who is she" I look up at him, his hair flowing in the wind.

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes" 

"My family, my dad specifically, wanted me to marry one of his businesses partners ever since I was born. Of course I disagreed with him, which made us fight.." Suna sighs, and looks at the clear sky.

"He wanted me to become friends with that girl, Sayuri, hoping that eventually I'd fall in love with her. Clearly, I didn't. She was only out for my money, and treated me horribly" Suna looks down at his converse

"I stopped being friends with her, and made everyone call me a player, but it was my dad's fault."  Suna sighs.

"That's why I moved out. I was tired of being controlled." Silence fills the atmosphere, the only thing being heard is our footsteps. 

"I'm so sorry Suna." I pull him into a hug, this is why he was always so cold and indifferent towards others. 

He embraces me back, and he starts crying. I pat his head, "I'm sorry for asking, I didn't mean to intrude" I brush his hair with my hand, as he leans into my shoulder. He's tougher than he seems.

"You're the only one in my heart, y/n"

"Always and forever."

A/n

Hope you liked this chapter!!
The next 2-3 chapters will be the last. I'm also working on a new story 
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧