"You're really becoming a monster without a heart!" Mai then watches her brother stop smiling.

She looked at his eyes that were full of hatred and thirst for vengeance. She then brings out her umbrella. Red grabs a broken piece of wood from the building that he just destroyed. They both launched towards each other and fight using the weapon they got.

Mai got the upper hand and hits his side with her umbrella. Red then uses the sharp part of the wood and stabs her left arm.

-Flashback-

A day before Mai left Pallet Town.

"Are you sure about this Mai?" their mother asks her.

"After what just happened, it's too painful to live here." her response.

"I can't imagine what Red has to go through if you leave! He just lost his big brother that he always wanted." the only thing her mother can say.

-Flashback ends-

"WHY DID YOU LEAVE US?!" Red smashes a brick to her face angrily.

"It's not something a kid like you would understand!" she stabs his right arm with a knife on the ground.

Red kicks the back of her head with a backflip that causes her to fall on the ground. He then takes a brick and smashes it to the back of her head. Mai then grabs his throat and slams him to the ground. She then gets on top of him and smashes a brick to his face.

"IT'S PAINFUL LIVING THEREAFTER WHAT JUST HAPPENED! WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO MOVE THE WHOLE FAMILY! THAT IS WHY THEY ONLY SENT ME TO MOVE OUT!" she continues smashing rock to his face.

"WHO DO YOU THINK PAID FOR THE HOUSE AND MOVING COSTS?!" she continues smashing his face with a brick until Red grabs her hand.

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLANNING THIS?" Red stabs her bottom right side with a knife he found.

"SIX YEARS!" Mai scratches his left cheek with a knife.

"EVER SINCE YOUR BROTHER DIED..." she got kicked at her chin.

Mai then kicks his face which made him fall, lying on his back.

"I KNOW IT WILL COME TO THIS!" she touches her forehead and sees that she's bleeding a lot, the same goes for Red.

"You killed your own friends back then! You killed our grandpa in front of both of our eyes!" she exclaimed.

-Flashback-

Red when he was five was trained by his paternal grandfather harshly on martial arts.

"STAND UP BRAT!" his grandfather yelled at Red who was on his knee.

"IF YOU DON'T GET STRONGER, YOU WILL NEVER SURVIVE THIS HARSH WORLD!!!" he then kicked his face.

"That is enough father!" said his mother who had enough of her father-in-law's abusive treatments.

"What was I thinking at that time? Nothing, I just want to kill him with my own hands!" Red thoughts on his grandfather.

The torture and abuse consist of domestic violence, getting thrown into the jungle at night, thrown into the bottomless well, and tied to many balloons that are enough to send him flying. The harsh training from his grandfather ended four years later. 

Two days have passed after Red killed numerous elementary and middle school students. His grandfather was on the ground with blue bruised limbs and bloody face, barely alive. Red hands were full of blood.

"I always thought of getting back at him for the torture he did. It was way different than what I thought! Instead of screaming in pain, he laughed!" Red's thought after he almost beat his grandfather to death, he laughed at the ground despite his critical condition.