⚜️ 32 ⚜️

~

~

Y/N leaned into Sirius's hug and gently placed her head on his shoulder. She felt as ease with him, like she could tell him anything and he wouldn't tell a soul. She felt protected like nothing more could go wrong. He took a deep breath and placed his head atop hers. Y/N sniffled lightly, her tears staining his jacket. He immediately looked down at her, concern filling his face.

"Am I bad person?" Y/N asked, her eyes swimming with tears and her voice so quiet that Sirius wouldn't have heard it if he didn't have dog ears.
"Why do you say that?" He asked her softly, he felt as if a needle had been poked into his heart when she said those words.

"It's all my fault. I should've just died that day" Y/N cried into his sleeve.

"Y/N? Look at me." He said as she slowly lifted her head to look into his sad face.

"I need you to understand that none of this was your fault. Besides, the world isn't divided into good people and death eaters? We've got both light and dark inside of us, what matters in the path we choose to act on." He tried explaining to her.

"But Leanne died because of me."

"Listen to me Y/N, You were born a Malfoy, into a family of death eaters who taught you to hate everyone but them, but look where you stand now. You choose to act on the right path and I couldn't be anymore proud of you."

Y/N mumbled a little in agreement as Sirius continued

"I know how hard it is to make the right decision, I was just like you, on outcast, making friends with people who my parents thought dirty. I was treated very harshly by my mother and I could have easily joined the death eaters. But I, just like you, chose the right way. I fell in love with Remus so I moved away from the family who could cause him harm."

"But I still love my family, no matter how they treated me." Y/N said

"I loved mine too, and it broke my heart to move away but it had to be done, because its better living with a broken family than staying in a toxic one. Thing is, family aren't the people you are born with but rather the people you feel happiest around."

" Y/N, I just want you to know, I am so proud of everything that you've done at such a young age"

Y/N looked at him with admiration and appreciation, something she had never felt for her father. She got to choose her own family now and it was so much better than she had imagined. Tears leaked out the sides of her eyes as she came to realise her worth and her smile grew.

"Thank you, dad." She said.

"If it's okay for me to call you-" Y/N started but was cut off with the biggest hug she had ever received. She sighed into the hug as she felt a few cool drops on her head.

"You're welcome, daughter" He said with a sore throat and both of them smiled as wide as they could.

Someone cleared their throat from behind them both and upon looking they made out the face of Mattheo Riddle. Sirius got up and patted Y/N on the head before heading towards the door, a few steps before he looked at Mattheo and said, "You hurt her again and you wont be standing here tomorrow. You understand that?" He asked him in a threatening voice taking on the role of a dad quite precisely.

"Understood." Mattheo replied, swallowing hard. Sirius left the terrace and Mattheo went over to sit next to Y/N.

Y/N looked to the opposite side, ignoring him. "Y/N?" He asked softly but she didn't reply. He nudged her arm slightly so she moved a bit further away from them. "Y/N?" He tried again but was met with nothing more than the silence of the night. Mattheo let out a sigh, almost laughing at how childish this was.

He looked down at what he had brought before getting up from his place and getting down on one knee right in front of Y/N. "I'm sorry and I know this thing doesn't resolve the fight but I just wanted you to know how much you mean to me" He said. She finally looked at him to see a paper rose in his hands. The red petals were glued haphazardly onto each other and looked like they had been cut by a five year old. The flower was connected to a stick covered with green paper.

Y/N looked at the rose and a silly smile graced her features. Mattheo felt his spirits rise as Y/N took the flower from him and held as it if was the most precious thing in the world. She playfully nodded her head as she sniffled. "You made this?" She asked sweetly. "Yeah, I couldn't remember the spell to make it so I tried one and it ended up lighting the rose on fire so then I made one-" Mattheo started rambling but Y/N interrupted him with a soft kiss to his lips. Mattheo held her in his arms, the warmth of her body radiating onto his, letting the moment engulf him.

He smiled into the kiss as Y/N pulled away. "Fuck you Mattheo riddle" She said in a playful tone while smiling from ear to ear. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" Mattheo asked with equal amount of love in his voice and a little suggestive tone.

"Why don't we find out?" Y/N asked as Mattheo  immediately turned her onto her back and she giggled at his eagerness. He smiled fully at her, his eyes crinkling and his cheeks lifting, his dark brown hair falling onto his face as he looked the woman he loved with all his heart.

"We will still be having a discussion tommorow, you're not off the hook yet." Y/N said as Mattheo nodded in agreement.

==========End of part 32=========

Hey loves,

I thought I'd give you one last bit of fluff before they return to hogwarts and all the drama begins. I love you all so much and I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been preparing for Diwali :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and feel free to leave any opinions and suggestions. I have also left a question for y'all.

*What's the best way to apologise?*

Thank you for all the love.

Love,
P / Paridhi Prabhakar

Word count : 1118