⚜️ 28 ⚜️

TW : blood

~

A loud gasp left my mouth as I sputtered for air. My eyes slowly opened and refocused on the world around me. I was in a different place this time. I was laying on the ground near a wooden chair in what looked like my living room?

"Y/N?" I heard a very familiar voice call out to me in disbelief. I turned my head to the direction of the sound to see Draco sitting with his back against the wall. He was alive! He was still here! I stumbled to my feet in relief but fell back down almost immediately.

Then I remembered, the blood. There was blood on my stomach. There was blood between my legs. I closed my eyes shut and took a deep breath before looking down. There was nothing. My pants were completely stain free and the bulge in my stomach was still there. Oh thank god! Tears flooded my eyes as relief washed over me. It was all just a cruel nightmare. All of it. None of it was real.

Why then wasn't I able to stand up? I took to examining my body further. There were deep red wounds on my legs. The jagged rope had cut into my flesh and left me unable to walk without immense pain.

"Y/N" Draco repeated. "G-get the wand." He said in between breaths. Was he hurt? Voldemort better not have done anything to him. I looked in the direction he was pointing to before slowly crawling over. My wrists were hurt too so I tried my best to crawl on my elbows. I moved towards the long piece of wood, smearing blood on the floor as I went.

My fingers were inches away from it when the cellar door opened. I quickly lay still, a feeble attempt at looking unconscious even though I was far from the chair I was supposed to be tied up to.

I opened my eyes just a crack and saw my father coming up the stairs, someone following close behind him. I hoped it was someone on our side, though that was probably foolish to hope after he had tortured me.

Flashback

Once bellatrix had caught us in hogsmede, she brought me here and tied me up to this chair. I struggled as much as I could but my wand was with them.

She tied my arms and feet down as I tried to free myself, but it wasn't fruitful. She stepped back a few paces and looked at me before she brought out a knife. Very similar to the one that had carved the slur into my friends hand. She brought it up to my face as I drew in a sharp breath. She dragged the blunt end of it across my face before looking down at me.

"So you're the one who murdered my daughter." She said, her voice dripping with venom and bloodlust.
I stayed silent and looked her dead in the eye. We kept giving each other a death glare until she had had enough and brought the dagger to my neck, making me move my head backwards and lose the precious eye contact.

"Tell me." She said softly, her lips next to my ear, her foul breath sending shivers down my spine. I choose not to respond again and focus on my breathing. The knife was so close that if I took a deep breath, it would cut the skin. I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about my mother, about Mattheo, about anything except for the fact that I had the bloodthirsty mother of the girl I'd killed, standing above me with a knife to my throat.

"I SAID TELL ME!" She screamed as she moved the dagger away from my neck and slashed the skin on my cheek in one big stroke. I felt cool red liquid run down the side of my face before dripping down onto the floor. I threw my head back before letting out a maniacal laugh, one that was even more evil than any laugh bellatrix could belt out. It bounced off the walls and echoed in the entire room as she clamoured away from me. I pulled my head back up before saying,

"I did and I don't regret any fucking second of it."

Black coloured fog formed around me once again as bellatrix looked at me with terror in her eyes. My eyes turned pitch black before It exploded around me and broke my restraints. I rose in the air again and focused on Bellatrix. The wound on my face leaked black instead of red now. I pointed my palm towards her, ready to throw her the biggest surge of power I had.

I felt a small force tugging at my back, I turned around for a split second before I was hit square in the chest with a stunning spell, fired by none other than my father. The magic around me started to dissipate as my body fell to the ground. I lay there stunned as tiny tears leaked from the sides of my open eyes.

"You're welcome" Lucius said to Bellatrix who barely acknowledged him and got up from the floor before tying me back to the chair, and leaving Lucius to torture me.

End of flashback

Ananya POV

I entered my studio apartment and made my way to my bed. I'd had an exhausting day working at a cafe in diagon alley. It's hard to support myself while I'm still studying. I can only work during summer holidays and weekends in hogsmede during school.

You must be wondering what happened to my parents? They are thankfully perfectly healthy but what happened was that I got kicked out of my house when they found out about my sexuality. It was very depressing at first, especially when I was still on the street but slowly I found a job and got an apartment to support myself.

It hurts to know that my parents will never appreciate me for my real self, just because I'm not societies ideal. Why should the fact that I love someone from my own sex put me into a position where I am treated less than from people in heteronormative relationships? Why does the fact that I like girls, bother people so much that they feel the need to oppress me and banish me from their family because apparently I'm a disgrace. Love is love and love always wins. No matter what. You can oppress me as much as you want to but in the end ill rise like the rainbow unicorn I was always meant to be. Beautiful, majestic, independent and super fucking gay.

Saying this I had finally moved on from Leanne's death. I was devastated to say the least but at least I had someone to lean on. This someone is the reason I'm alive today. They are my biggest supporter and the reason I was able to get through my grief. They caught me when I was falling into the endless abyss of depression and showed me what it was like to live again.

They soon became a big part of my life and we moved in together after the second date. It's been amazing so far and I am very very grateful for them and looking forward to lying in their arms and just letting the warmth engulf me to make my day so much better.

I push the door open and move forward to my beautiful girlfriend who is asleep. I sit next to her and slowly shake her awake.

"Rise and shine, Valena!"

=======End of part 28=======

Hi loves!

I am so sorry that this chapter is so late, I wanted to put it out sooner but I had writers block and my anxiety prevented me from writing at all. I'm feeling better now and hopefully will be back to regular updating soon.

I hope you liked this chapter and pls don't kill me for the cliffhanger.

I love you all so so much.

Love,
P/ Paridhi Prabhakar

Word count : 1348