⚜️ 23 ⚜️

We climbed up the wooden staircase as all the lights in the house went out

We climbed up the wooden staircase as all the lights in the house went out. The only source of light, freeing us from the darkness, coming from the moonlit sky above us. It was past midnight and the moon had risen well above our heads.

It was a full moon night which unfortuantely ment remus and sirius had to leave as soon as we made it to the house.

The door was pushed open as we climbed outside into the small but cozy terrace. Filling up an air mattress with our wands, we lay and look above.

The stars danced above us as the moon peered down. It looked beautiful, not a single streak of pollution, allowing us to look at the stars, the galaxy, and everything our brains could comprehend.

Then it started, the meteor shower. One by one multiple stars looked as though they were falling and crumbling to stardust. The stars fell as I thought of the thing we are told in our childhood. To wish upon a falling star, but what was I to wish for? I already had everything I've ever wanted. Maybe this was true peace. The feeling of not wanting or rather needing anything more than I had at this moment.

The true peace, of satisfaction and being able to enjoy the present in itself without dwelling over the past or worrying about the future. To be present and content in this very moment is peace.

I looked over at Mattheo to see the stars reflected in his deep eyes. The galaxy above us shone brightly and looked as though they formed multiple more, each more intricate than the last falling deeper and deeper into his dilated pupils.

The tranquil moonlight waltzed over his face as his soft eyelashes closed with every blink. You're so beautiful, I thought in my mind. Mattheo looked at me for a second, our eyes almost instantly locking. For a brief second, something flashed behind them as I felt my spirits rise. I had made him flustered, even if just for a second. I knew he could read my mind, hence why I thought it so loud.

He looked away from me and back up as his eyes filled with stars again. I looked up as well, my hand trailing over to his as our fingers laced together.

"Tell me something about you," I asked him softly trying to get to know him better, trying to break through the last wall around his heart.

He glanced at me for a second before looking back up. The quietude spread around us, enveloping us. I almost thought that he wasn't going to respond before he said, "I know how to speak French"

"Say something for me," I said almost excited at the thought. He sighed before saying,

"Tu est belle aussi."

"What does that mean?"

"You're beautiful too"

I felt a deep blush creep onto my face as my smile spread from ear to ear. My heart fluttered in my chest as turned my head to look at him. He looked at me with his brown eyes that made me go weak at the knees.

I moved foward and kissed him full on the lips, melting together as the stars did to form a constellation. I pulled back soon and lay down again.

"You're turn" He whispered into the night.

"I dont have anything interesting but I could tell you my biggest fear?" I told him and he hummed in response.

"I fear being alone in my life. Im afraid that one day everyone will leave me and I will be left all alone in this world. I guess thats already started with my family banishing me." I spoke in a soft voice as I felt another lump grow in my throat. My biggest fear might just be coming true, right in front of my eyes.

"You're not alone. Not tonight or tommorow or any of the days to come. I love you."

"I love you too."

Moments passed as we lay there in silence. It wasn't awkward or filled with tension. It was comfortable. Nocturnal. The silence spoke a thousand words. My heart swelled as I tried to trap this moment and engrave it into my brain forever. I didn't want to move, not tonight. I didn't want to run or work or be afraid tonight.

All I wanted was for this moment to last, for these moments were rare in our ever chaotic lives, always running from people or running towards an academic goal. All of that was meaningless, worthless in front of these pure moments that I got to share with him. Just the two of us. Just for tonight.

▼・ᴥ・▼

The first rays of the sunrise shone above us as the roof glowed golden. My eyes fluttered open to find that I was entangled in mattheo's arms. One of his palms were on my stomach and the other held me from behind. I chuckled lightly before flipping myself to face him.

I softly ran my fingers through his dark curls as he stirred in his sleep before waking up.

"Good morning Mrs. Riddle" He spoke in his deep morning voice which vibrated like it would shake the whole planet.

"Good morning" I said before snuggling up to him again before we let ourselves drift off to sleep once more.

"Y/N, Mattheo! Get your asses down here!" We heard sirius shout from downstairs. We sighed before getting up and tidying the terrace.

We made our way downstairs to find sirius behind the stove, wearing a pair of boxers with the apron, 'Kiss the cook' on his body.

Ive always found sirius to be my favorite of all my family members.

"Wheres remus?" I asked, seating myself on the stool at the platform.

"He had a bit of a rough night, hes asleep right now" Sirius said pointing to a bandage on his right arm.

"Are you ok?" I asked out of concern.

"Im fine Y/N. Are you ok?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Im fin-" I started but never got to complete the sentence as I ran to the toilet with another bout of nausea. These next few months were going to be so fun. Note the sarcasm. And the irony.

======= End of part 23 ============

Hi loves!

This was so much fluff and I loved it. I figured some fluff was much needed after everything thats happened.

Also staring at the stars sounds so romantic. Like god, is that too much to ask for?

I hope you liked this chapter. I was so excited for yall to read this.

Also I would love if you could leave your opinions on my writing, Like if it could be more descriptive or anything rlly. I always appreciate feedback.

*Leave your opinions on my writing here*

Thank you so much for 80K!

(also since ive updated now, I probably wont be updating this week anymore cause exams. oh well.)

This chapter was inspired by isleofsins . Her book is amazing. Go check it out.

Love,
P

Word count : 1166