Chapter Eleven

Comincia dall'inizio

I proceeded to tell her all about how Nickie and Jace were former lovers and how I ended up having drinks with Sebastian after his business meeting and I had been abandoned by an upset Nickie and a forlorn Jace. Then she gasped when I got to the part about Jared and Tank cornering me and attempting to deflower me and then Sebastian coming to my rescue in the midst of fighting them off. Astrid awed at that part, "He saved you like a prince! How cute!"

I scoffed, "Yeah, except he's anything but. He's not even half a gentleman."

"I wouldn't say that Kaye," Astrid said as she flipped the sandwich in the air. It landed on it's opposite side with a smack, the buttery, cheesy smell filling the small kitchen.

"What the hell are you talking about little sister?" I demanded.

Astrid shrugged, "He wasn't bad when he brought you home last night. He carried you upstairs himself and put you in bed. I watched him the whole time, so don't start freaking out on me."

I gaped still. Oh God, Sebastian had been the one to remove my boots and jacket. What the hell else had happened that I don't remember?! "He came into our house? Into my bedroom?!"

"Yeah, he didn't want to wake you up. You were basically snoring in his arms Kaye."

I plopped my slightly pounding head onto the countertop, sighing. Astrid set the sandwich on a plate, turned off the stove, and pushed it in front of me before going to the medicine cabinet and retrieving the Tylenol and a glass of water for me, pushing those towards me too. I took the Tylenol and downed it with the water before taking a nibble out of the delicious grilled cheese, "Thanks," I said to Astrid as I swallowed.

Astrid nodded, "You're welcome, now I have to ask what the big deal is?"

"He's my student Astrid. This could look bad for me professionally if I'm caught fraternizing with someone I'm supposed to be teaching. It can't be more than a professional relationship."

"Oh please. You're just scared because you like him. And besides there's no way you're just his teacher to him, or hell.....vice versa. But you should have seen the way he looked at you," she pointed out, leaning on her elbows, chin rested in her palms.

I frowned, "What do you mean?"

Astrid chuckled, "Are you really asking me that Kaye? He was looking at you with stars in his eyes, like you were the center of everything. It was pretty freaking mushy if you ask me."

My heart glimmered at the thought of Sebastian being all warm and fuzzy with me. And it wasn't the only part of my body that got all warm and fuzzy.........

"Astrid, did anything else happen?" I asked cautiously. But she simply shook her head, "No, but after he pulled the blanket over you he whispered something to you I think. I could be wrong though. I wasn't close enough to hear anything. After you were tucked into bed safe and sound, I thanked him for bringing you home, gave him a cup of coffee for his trouble and he left. That's it, I swear."

I sighed. Of course my sister was only close enough to watch him, the cop she was sometimes came home with her. Not that I wasn't grateful for it but yeesh it could be annoying. I was getting off topic now. "Did he say anything to you?"

Astrid sighed, "Not really. What the hell are you so paranoid about? He's a good looking guy and it's quite obvious that he likes you. Plus you like him too."

I darted my head up, "I never said I liked him, and that would be insane! I don't even know the guy!"

"You're just making excuses because Benjamin hurt you and you know it. So what? You were wrong about him! You may not be about Sebastian! Just quit worrying about it Kaye!" Astrid exclaimed, "You're upset about nothing. And if you're certain you don't like him, quit worrying about your professional reputation because you'll only get worked up about something that isn't even happening."