So everyone was on the same page, and repeating it all morning. It was easy to get out without Darius continually talking in her ear.

"Moon Valley says that Coldridge has declared war with Crescent Moon. But they do not know we have packs on our side ready to fight too, the Summit. We help them and they will help us. We are not alone in this war." Sage breathed out and nodded to Luke, introducing himself as Master of Arms which earned him a rumbling applause—As the pack needed good news and the reassurance that they were in good hands.

"For many of us, we grew up with war—But this is different, this is not Randal Moon wanting to be King Alpha. This is about equality and fairness between all packs, and I was absolutely disgusted in hearing that 'Alpha Conner' thought he could discard his pack and come to claim ours!" Luke roared, and the pack returned it full-heartedly.

"The Alpha will recover, and until he does we need to secure this pack...Show that Crescent Moon will not be bullied into a corner again, that we won't forgive the years that the council walked all over us!" It was a relief to know that the pack wasn't afraid anymore, that a voice of their Luna and newly appointed Master of Arms reassured them.

Leaving their cheers and the roar of the iragreement allowed Sage to engage in the support of her pack, destroying the thought that she had ruined things from the phone call.

But that didn't stop her from taking the pups to visit him just after the assembly, her dad was just behind her in carrying Ronan as Rue was close to falling asleep again.

"Remmy...?" She said, just as hopeful as the last dozen or so times she greeted him like that.
"I can stay with you hun, I can check the Reformed later."
"No, it's okay...I only stay for a little bit, pups can't stay here anymore to sleep." Her dad nodded, giving her a quick kiss to her temple as she went off to stand over Remus with the two pups in her arms.

"Papa's still sleeping but he looks better." She whispered to them, only to set one of the pups on the chair to help them undress. Their wiggles were a big indicator of them wanting to shift and so she hurried to comply.

Sage remembered waking up with the pups shifted and cuddling around her—It made her feel safe and ensured healing. Perhaps it would do the same, and that was the mindset she tried every time she visited.

With the pups cuddling up beside their father, Sage began to undress as well, shifting into her wolf and gently jumping on the bed not to disturb him. Her body soon lapped over his legs and she licked his hand, feeling his warmth wrap her so kindly—Like it would when he's awake...But she couldn't understand this feeling.

I promise you he's fine, Sage. Do you remember when the big round lady in the sky wanted to talk to you?

No? What round lady?

The Moon Goddess, Selena wanted to talk to you.

Oh, when she says sorry that she couldn't see me. Yeah, is Remmy talking to Moon goddess? I don't see a tattoo.

No, not the Moon Goddess, but someone is talking to him. Do you see his eyes moving behind his lids, he's active. That's why the Healers are trusting you.

So why can't he wake up?

Time moves differently, sweetheart, it's only been a few days.

Darius made it sound like it was only hours, but it wasn't, it was six days to be exact and most of it Sage spent with her pups and unconscious mate hoping and wishing that he'd come back. Was it the first time that he had been physically hurt, she hardly ever recalled having to wait in worry and she certainly would never forget the excruciating pain she felt when Remus was shot.