LIES

TW - Eating-Disorder, Depression

--

The school ringing woke me up, and I felt my empty stomach rumbled. I remembered then everything that had happened the night before. I carefully stood up, because I was still dizzy. My roommates were already dressed up and ready to go to breakfast.

"Where were you yesterday Gabrielle ?? We were so worried, you didn't show up the whole evening..." said Kayna, one of my roommate.

"I... I went out with some friends and I came back very late, hope I didn't woke you up." I answered feverishly.

"No Gabby, you didn't, don't worry !" said Heather, another of my roommate (actually, the nicest). "You're okay ? You look pale as hell.." she said, getting closer to me.

"Yeah ! I mean... No. I didn't get so much sleep as I was out with my friends. We might have drank a bit so I'm kinda hangover, you know..." I said, trying to appear convincing.

"Well, hope your day isn't so long !" I smiled at her. "Do you want me to take you something from the cafeteria ? It's important to eat after a hangover." I nicely nodded and the 4 girls left the room.

There are so many girls in the dormitory. In my bedroom we are 5. Kayna, she is very fun, always having something to say, an anecdote or something fun that had happened to her. But she can be very mean if she wants. Like she is all the time flustered, angry, but I like her like that, because I know if I am in trouble, she will always come to protect me and fight for me. Then there is Heather, the mom of the room. She is over-protective, I truly love her. She is always warm, and gives hugs. When one of us feel bad, she always has the good words, she knows how to comfort each and everyone of us. The third one is Clara. She is the quiet one. She is so quiet that sometimes, we even forget that she is here. But she is so cute, always wearing flowered dresses and accessories in her hair. Then, clearly my favorite, my best friend of the dorm, Lilly. I met her last year and we immediately liked each other. We had so much fun last year, she likes to party, a lot. She is always outside, when she has the opportunity to go out, she takes it. Well, she is just so much fun. And last but not least, there is me. The problem's girl. Always something wrong, always sad, not wanting to do anything, and that's what moved me away from my roommates. We are together in some classes, not all of them, fortunately. They don't have to see me at the back of the class, sleeping.

And that totally what I did the whole day. I slept because I was so weak, my stomach was so empty. At lunch, I wanted to go sleep in my bed until my next classes, but then I remembered that Ms. Paulson wanted to check on me, at the cafeteria. I sighed and on my way to the cafeteria, I tried to imagine an excuse not to eat.

When I reached the enter of the cafeteria, she was here, clearly waiting for me.

"Hi Gabrielle." She said with a big smile on her face. But the further I went, more her smile faded. "Did you ate today, I haven't seen you at the breakfast this morning." She said with a stern voice, more like a statement that a question.

"Yeah, yes, I was too tired to go downstairs eating with everybody so one of my roommate brought me food upstairs !" I said, very confident. I obviously didn't eat what Heather took for me.

"Happy to ear it." She said. "Now it's time for lunch, We'll eat together, if you want." Again, a statement, not a question. I didn't know how to escape from this situation, but something did it for me. The fire alarm turned on and everyone stood up and started walking to the emergency exit. It was probably an exercise, like always. So Ms. Paulson and I went out as well. We stayed for at least 15 minutes outside and talked about our classes, some of the louder students, but not about yesterday. Then the principal said that it was an exercise and we needed to quickly finish eating before our afternoon's classes. But my first class started 10 minutes thereafter so I explained to Ms. Paulson that I would ate later. But she didn't seemed happy with that. She frown and said "I can take you late to your class, if you're with me you won't get detention. But you really need to eat."

"It's a very important class, I can't miss it.. But I'm going to call my friends to ask them to bring me some food, I promise I'll eat, don't worry." I answered with my fingers crossed. I obviously wasn't going to eat.