Ch.25

Chapter still needs to be re-written ‼️

Reaching my hands up, I yawned and then gently rubbed the tired tears from out of my eyes. I had been stitching this kimono for a while now and wasn't going to sleep until it was completely done to the perfect standard. "[Yn], can I come in?" A voice spoke from outside of the door, I gently let out a small gasp and turned my head to face the voice. "Yeah, come in!" I called out quickly before looking back at the kimono.

Tsumugu slid open the door before gently looking down at me with a confused gaze. "What are you doing?" I smiled at his question, gently lifting my work up to him to show it off "it's the outfit we're wearing as the Lady Ojoshi's attendants, the hens are a bit too long and need some adjusting, so.." I went on a small rant as I continued to pull the needle through the other end, smiling to myself slightly.

"I had a talk to Kaname.." Tsumugu gently spoke up and my eyes widened. Tsumugu had been the one to talk to Kaname? I couldn't even bring myself to do it. "I asked him how he felt about you, then I asked him how he felt about us. He told me that he's always known that you liked me ever since five years ago and that.. he can't be happy for us." My heart sinks as Tsumugu says this, Kaname couldn't be happy for us, that was figured as much.

"He can't be happy for us.. but he can be happy for you." Tsumugu folds his arms gently and sighs. My eyes then lighten as I stifle a chuckle. I understand now, Kaname still isn't on good terms with Tsumugu, he can't be happy for Tsumugu being the one to have me but he can feel happy for me to have made a decision. "He'll warm up to you eventually, he's just a bit upset right now" I smile gently at Tsumugu who nods back.

"[Yn], I really need you to be honest with me around now.. I need to hear you say it" his hands sneak there ways into my hands and hold them securely. A breath escapes my mouth and my heart pace quickens as I look him in the eyes. He wants me to say it right now? The silence stretches out as my cheeks turn pink and I get a bit embarrassed, it's kind of a hard thing to just say out loud.

"How I really feel.." I gently spoke up, my head lifting up to look at him. I sucked in a deep breath and then looked down at my lap with a slightly nervous smile, maybe sweating a little. "The truth is, I've liked you for five years now, Tsumugu. All I really want is to be the one at your side and I had hoped for so long that you'd like my the same, but I was scared. I was scared that maybe you wouldn't, that I'd be rejected." I spoke clearly, my hands trembling the more I spoke.

I then looked at him directly in the eyes and smiled brightly, my head tilting to the side. "I love you, Tsumugu.. and I have for a very long time" I could feel the heat rising to my face, slowly losing all the confidence I had just gathered up. "[Yn]." Tsumugu uttered out my name and then looked at me with his full concentration.

"Please.. can I kiss you?" His eyes softened as he gently looked me in the eyes. His question had made my heart thump out of my chest, my whole face burning red. I took in a breath and then nodded slowly, almost not daring to make eye contact from how nervous I was right now. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me in closer and up against him.

His hand gently moved from my back to my face, softly stroking his thumb over my cheek while gazing at me with a short smile. "Have I ever told you how pretty you are?" He questioned, watching as my Ena sparkled in the sunlight that was peering into the room. "Yeah, I think so.." my answer was meek, almost struggling to even speak a single word.

His movements were slow as he leaned in, his lips parting while also fluttering his eyes closed. I followed his steps and also closed my eyes while leaning into him, parting my lips. All my breath had escaped when a soft pair of lips met with my own. I kept my eyes shut tight as his lips lingered on mine for a couple seconds more before he pulled away.