Ch.3

After yesterday, as soon as I got home, I had ended up falling asleep immediately. Not to soon after I had awoken, I was informed by my mum about Akari. Apparently, someone had spotted her and the surface man together, now, she was going to be punished for it. Straight after hearing the news, I bolted out of my house as quick as I could.

Spotting Chisaki and Kaname just up ahead, I called their names out to catch their attention. Running a bit faster, I was now running alongside both of them towards Lord Uroko's hut. As soon as we got there, we immediately noticed Manaka and Hikari crouching down at the door, listening in to the conversation that was being spoke from the inside.

"Hikari! We heard about Akari!" Running over to where Hikari stood, Chisaki had called out, perhaps a bit too loudly. Following close behind, Kaname and I had also ran over to crouch down beside the others. Due to Chisaki's sudden outburst, Hikari and Manaka both raised their index fingers to their lips, telling us to shush. Quietly scooting over, I peered through the gap of the door, trying to get a better look of what was happening.

There Akari was, sensing an presence, her eyes drifted over to the door. Her lips formed into a small smile, her eyes full of warmth, as if she were reassuring us. "Akari.." softly muttering her name to himself, Hikari's eyes were dark, his expression cloudy. I felt bad for the both of them, Akari had only wanted to be happy with the person she loves, yet she's getting punished for even trying to do so. Hikari.. he had to watch his sister go through all of this, without being able to do anything.

------++------

We had found ourselves back where it had begun, our old school. Walking down the halls, we had made our way to our old classroom, the very place where we practically grew up. Hikari gripped onto the door, sliding it open, only to have a bunch of salt-flake snow fly into our faces. "There's salt-flake snow even in the classroom" Chisaki looked around the classroom as she pointed the obvious out. Walking into the classroom, I spun around, taking it all in.

There was still pictures of us on the wall, smiling at the picture, I traced my fingers over it. It showed the five of us, all posing, it was the day of our entrance ceremony. Looking at this now, brought back so many memories, memories that I had almost forgotten. "Mister Hayakawa is usually so nice, why did he seem so scary?" Frowning to herself, Manaka sat down in one of the desks. Walking over to join the others, I hoped onto the top of the desk Manaka was sitting at, allowing me to sit next to Chisaki.

"They were talking about the rules of the village, there might be some reason why people get banished from the sea" putting a finger to her chin, Chisaki thought about it as best as she could. "Who the hell cares about that? This is all because of that guy Akari likes!" Grumbling, Hikari folded his arms. Still stubborn as always, Hikari had already put the blame on a man none of knew anything about.

"But..he seemed like he was a nice person" Objectifying, Chisaki tried to reason with Hikari. I nodded alongside with Chisaki "yeah, don't you think he look really nice? He didn't look like he was an bad person" smiling over to Chisaki, she returned it with one of her own. "Chisaki, [Yn]. Your taste in guys suck" folding his arms, Hikari obviously didn't care about either of the opinions we had on the guy.

"Say it isn't so" speaking up, Kaname held a calm expression. Chisaki and I both went a little red at Hikari's comment. Glancing over to Kaname, I let out a small sigh "maybe that's true, but I'm being serious! He really didn't look like he was a bad person" pointing up my index finger, I argued for the rights of my opinion. Glancing back over to Kaname, he held an expression I hadn't seen him have until now. His gaze was fixated on me, his eyes slightly wide, lips parted in shock. Had I said something weird?