Ch.10

Hikari's dad had brought all three of us to Lord Uroko, we all sat in front of him, waiting for the answers we desperately wanted. "Now then.. Long ago, the sea god was saddened by the humans who went up to the surface and left the sea, so he went into hiding far below into the depths of the ocean."

"After that, salt flake snow fell and amassed both in the sea and in the surface, and the word gradually turned cold and grey. Then one girl dove into the sea to see the sea god. She wanted to save the humans. The sea gods heart was moved by the girls wish, and he joined the people once again."

"And now, it's not that the sea god kept himself from the people. The people have forgotten about the sea god, and moved away. Without prayers, the sea god loses his powers. Compared to before, the sea gods power is much weaker and smaller" Lord Uroko explained, eyeing us as he spoke to make sure that we were making do with what he was saying.

"Hikari, are you listening?" Hikari's dad's sudden call out to his son had made me jump "yeah, but it's a fairytale" Hikari mumbled, a tone of clear annoyance. "This is the story of humans themselves... of the upcoming demise that will happen in about fifty or a hundred years" Lord Uroko protested to Hikari's proclaim, his eyes sharp as he glared at him to take the story seriously.

"What?" Manaka gasped while trembling from the news that had just been told to us "upcoming demise? Humans? You mean humans will die!?" Hikari then gritted his teeth. "That doesn't sound very nice" I quietly spoke, my lips curving into a frown. "The only way that humans will survive, is if they can sleep and escape the upcoming freezing world" Lord Uroko sighed as he glanced off to the side.

"Sleep?" Hikari questioned, his eyebrow raising. "From here on, the salt flake snow will continue to fall and amass. The world will start freezing, and people will not be able to bear the cold that will eventually come. Therefore, we will go into a long sleep and let time pass, waiting until the sea god is able to retain his power" Lord Uroko calmly replied, his expression dull.

"The people of Shioshishio must sleep immediately. The longer we wait, the more people we will lose-" Hikari's father was cut off by an angered Hikari "hold on! Wait! Hold on!" Hikari yelled as he stood up, holding his hands out "are you both being serious right now?! Are you guys all right in the head?!" He asked, his voice full of concern.

"Sleep? It's not like we can hibernate or anythin-" Hikari was cut off "we can." Hikari gasped as this was said, his eyes shifting over to Lord Uroko "the Ena that the sea rod has given all of you, will let you sleep until the calamity has passed." He interrupted with an serious expression. The news itself had made my eyes widen, was he really being serious?

"Hold on, this is all going to fast! We have school, and what about everyone of Oshiooshi?!" Hikari freaked out, his body trembled "the surface has nothing to do with us, they don't have Ena, we aren't obligated to tell them anything" Hikari's dad spoke coldly, having no care for the people of the surface. "Excuse you, our friends are up there!" I got up and yelled, my fists curling at my side.

"Doesn't matter, now, understood? You need to be prepared, as well." Lord Uroko glared into our eyes, the three of us all exchanged a gasp, shaking slightly. "You want us to hibernate for who knows how long, while the people on the surface die?!" I cried out, my hands shaking as I tried to figure this all out. All of my friends and Tsumugu, when the time comes when they have families, their families will die!

"It's either us or them, now shoo, I have no further business with you" Lord Uroko flicked his hand and forced us to leave his place. We walked out with frowns on our faces, my eyes teared up at the thought of everyone on the surface having to go through all that. It's so cruel, how did they deserve this? No one deserves such things, they don't even know that it's coming!