Ch.22

Lips parting, my hair blew in the old summers breeze as I was strolling a few steps ahead of Kaname and Tsumugu. We all had just returned from the shops and were now making our way back home to meet up with the others who were already there and waiting. I let out a small sneeze as a cold drop of snow fell from the sky and right down onto the middle of my nose.

"Oh, it started snowing" Tsumugu spoke up as he walked up to my side. Turning my head to look at him, I caught gaze of Kaname who was just behind him, holding his hands out to try and catch the snow onto the palm of it. I smiled and put my own hands out, looking up into the bright white sky as snow droplets fell down and right into my hand, leaving a cold kiss onto my palm. I let out a small giggle and looked to Tsumugu.

"No matter how many times it snows, I'm always amazed at the sight of it" I commented before opening my arms and spinning around, letting the snow fall around me as I took this moment to just let go and act like a child again. Tsumugu smiled softly before taking the time to stop me in place and hold my hands in his own. He then lifted one hand and used that to spin me in a small circle before chuckling.

"Hey, [Yn!]" Kaname called out my name from behind, my gaze drifted over to the boy who's hands were held behind his back. He was holding a tight smile, holding it in place before pulling his hand out to reveal a big chunk of snow in his hand. I didn't even give him a second to say anything before I was already running away from him, knowing that he was now chasing after me. I ran behind Tsumugu and hid behind him.

Kaname's lips parted as the snow fell from his hands, his face fell as he looked me straight in the eyes. I looked away, feeling a bit uncomfortable from the tension that was now in the air. Tsumugu probably noticed to as he started to continue to walk at his normal pace. Not wanting to be left behind, I quickly hurried to his side while shivering. It got a lot more chilly than before. With a small sigh, I brought my hands up to my mouth and cupped them before blowing some warm air into my hands.

"Are your hands cold?" Tsumugu was looking over me, tilting his head to the side as he asked. "I'm just cold in general but yeah, my hands are cold too" I frowned slightly before rubbing my hands together for friction. Maybe I should've worn mittens. "Here" Tsumugu then scooped up one of my hands in his own, intertwining our fingers together and holding my hand tightly in his own. I smiled softly, my face heating up at the interaction

------++------

We all sat down in a circle on the floor, gazing over at the drawn out map we had created to mark off all of the areas we had searched at already. "I wonder where Lord Uroko could be hiding?" Manaka pouted lightly, scanning over all the unmarked locations on the map. "Searching aimlessly isn't really working, is there a place on the surface that's connected to the sea god somewhere?" Kaname then frowned as he asked the question.

"Huh? Let me think" Sayu raised her finger up to her chin, thinking for a few seconds for an answer to his question. "No idea" she then sighed and shrugged her shoulders. I carefully watched as Tsumugu pulled the rag away from his arm, reavealkng the fish that laid on it now. Lord Uroko had given him that curse only a day ago, the exact curse he gave to Manaka all those years ago when she had upset him.

I stared down at the floor, slight confusion in my eyes and a small frown upon my lips. "What is it?" Leaning in close to me, Tsumugu whispered into my ear and put the rag back over the fish. I glanced at him and whispered back "I thought you were going back to university? Are you sure that you're okay with this?" My lips parted as I asked and looked over him for a reaction.

"If we found Lord Uroko, it could help our research immensely." Tsumugu reassured as he rubbed the cloth at his arm before pulling it away. I jumped lightly as the fish started to squeal and make fart like noises. Those noises had now caught the attention of everyone else around the room. "It's quite loud, isn't it?" I rested my hand against my cheek as I asked with a small smile, it really was such an odd curse to give someone.