Ch.9

My footsteps echoed as I ran inside of the school before coming to a halt when I saw the others putting their shoes on. "Looks like the snow didn't fall for very long" Kaname mentioned it out loud, bringing up the off weather. "Yeah I wonder if this means the sea gods angry" Pouting, Manaka started to walk off. "Oh, [Yn]" speaking up, Chisaki took notice of me.

Waving, I ran past them "sorry I'm late, I got caught up doing something!" Explaining my absence, I started running backwards so I could face them while talking before flipping myself around and running forwards and down the hall. Catching a glimpse of Hikari in the wood-shop room, I came to a stop and clenched my backpack before inhaling a breath in.

Walking in, I smiled "morning, Hikari" waving towards him, the sound of footsteps came from behind me as the others entered the room to. "Morning, What ya doing?" Kaname spoke up from behind while gazing over Hikari who was standing in the middle of the room. "I'm just trying to figure out which of these I should repair first" Hikari eyed the broken Lady Ojoshi doll.

"Hold on, what're you guys doing up here so early anyways?" Hikari turned to face us with a questioning look in his eyes. "Yeah, we, you might say that we were kicked out" Kaname then sighed, holding his hands to his hips. "The adults had an important meeting to go to, so they told us that we should head off to school a little earlier" Chisaki' smiled, explaining in better detail.

"Actually, [Yn] had left before any of us, we hadn't seen her when we got to the surface until just now" Manaka eyed me with a point and expression of annoyance. Waving my hand in front of me, I held an apologetic look "sorry, I was going to wait for you but I got.. distracted" I then eyed the side of the wall as I said that last word before turning back to look at her with a fixated smile.

"What's that about?" Hikari turned his face over to face Chisaki, questioning what she had said before. "I wonder if it had to do with the salt flake snow that fell onto the surface" Chisaki uttered in confusion, trying to come up with an explanation. "Yeah well, adults are always acting like that, they try their hardest to keep their big secrets away from the kids!" Hikari groaned in frustration.

"Hey, Lady Ojoshi is right here" Manaka, lighting the mood, spoke up with her face behind the Lady Ojoshi head as she held it up with her hands before smiling and putting it down. "We can just worry about the Ofuenehiki!" As she said it, we all stared at her while the room went silent. Frowing, my gaze flickered over to my backpack while I started clenching the straps of it.

------++------

As the school bell went, I let out a sigh "how about it it guys, we really want to try and put this thing together!" Manaka smiled, hyping everyone's mood up from the teachers podium. "And all on our own too!" Hikari added in, winking with a toothy grin expression. "Why not? We might as well finish off what we started" while Sayama smiled at the idea, I didn't know if I was ready to be disappointed again.

"I'd feel bad for our Lady Ojoshi if we didn't" another girl smiled while she hummed. "All right, I'll go ask my gramps for a boat then" agreeing to the plan as well, Tsumugu chimes in. It sounded like I was the only one who was still partly unsure about it all. "Sounds good, we can do this! Can't we, sir?" Hikari glanced over to the door, smiling at our teacher.

"I can't believe you guys..yes, let's go!" His smile was filled with cheerfulness "we gotta make sure this is a big success! And when we're all finished, I'll treat every one of you to ramen!" He cheered with excitement. "Huh?" All glancing at him with confusion, it was odd how he always tried to treat us to cheap food. Kind but odd.

------++------

"Gramps told me it was okay if we used this" Tsumugu gestured down to a blue boat that laid on the ground. Smiling, I started to imagine how it could look "yeah, it's a bit small but we could repaint it, maybe add some decorations and then, boom! Good as new!" Cheering, the others hummed in agreement and then excitedly started to make their own new plans for the boat.