Ch.15

Seating myself down, I kept gazing up at the clock and then it suddenly started dinging the second I looked up. The time was eleven o'clock at night, an hour away from it striking midnight. A noise sounded from outside the door, standing myself up I opened the door of my room so I could go outside, as I went out I walked over to the figure who was walking up to the house.

"You're back pretty late, you know? Were you able to see the Tomoebi?" Recognising the figure as Tsumugu, I smiled with question as I asked before I looked around him, not noticing the Professor anywhere to be seen. "Hey, where's the Professor? Is he staying out for longer?" I let out a small gasp as I asked, it was already late enough as is, I could imagine him staying out any longer in this cold temperature.

"No, he's at Akari's" Tsumugu lowly spoke with answer, but that had only left me more confused then before. "Akari's? What's he doing over there?" Tilting my head, I poked at my chin with my finger in confusion. "It's hard to believe, but he came back" muttering out, I could see his breath as he spoke from how cold it was. Standing there, dumbfounded, I parted my lips at the statement he had just said.

"He? Who's 'he'?" Humming, I was trying to get Tsumugu to go into specific details here instead of playing this game of saying few words and expecting me to understand exactly what's going on. "Hikari, he came back" those words struck me hard when they left his lips. That name of one of my former friends hasn't been spoken out loud in a while, hearing it had crushed me.

Once I had left my state of frozen shock, my eyes widened lightly and I stumbled back a bit. "He. Came back?" I muttered under my breath, repeating Tsumugu's last words to myself over and over again in my head as if I hadn't actually believed it. "And, he hasn't changed a bit" he then went on, but I wish he hadn't. A frown quickly fell upon my lips just then and continued to grow deeper with his ongoing words.

"It's been five years, yet he hasn't changed at all" after he was done speaking we stood in silence. The wind slashed around us but that was about the only thing to be heard. That and my heartbeat, I felt like Tsumugu could hear my heart too because of how loud it was thumping in my chest right now. Hikari hasn't changed.. at all?

------++------

"See you later!" Waving my arms with enthusiasm in the air, I smiled at Tsumugu and the Professor once more before leaving the house and closing the door quickly behind me. Now with them out of sight, I let out a groaning sigh to myself and clenched my fists at my sides, I had made the decision that I was going to my dads for a quick visit. With that in mind I made my way over to the bus stop and stood there, my gaze fixated on the ground.

The sound of its arrival had made me swiftly pull my head up, just then when the bus stopped in front of me I could see my reflection in the bus door and it made me gasp out loud to myself. That's right, Hikari hasn't changed at all over the past five years, but.. before my thought could finish the bus door slid open for me. I stepped onto the first step and entered the bus, choosing to seat myself at the front before closing my eyes tightly.

If Hikari truly hadn't changed, that means that maybe none of them have aged physically or mentally at all. They'll all still be the same age from five years ago, but.. I won't be. I'll be the only one out of all of us who's changed both mentally and physically. Clenching my fists again I let out a shaky breath, holding my composure in while trying to distract myself by looking out the window.

------++------

Awkwardly seated down on the floor of my dads place, I twiddled with the end of my skirt nervously. I've been here for a couple of dinners but I was always mostly quiet for part of it, we didn't strike conversation up much. "[Yn], how have you been sweetie?" Yukaio asked with popped lips that were coated in a light pink gloss. She was my dads wife, she was also very pretty.