Ch.23

All sat around in a circle, my lips parted gently "the heart to love someone.." I muttered softly. Hikari and Miuna had just informed us that they met Lord Uroko and that the thing that was taken from Manaka was her ability to feel love. "We can't do anything about the sacrifice, but I won't give up on Manaka!" Hikari leaned forward as he yelled out.

"I know there's got to be something we can do for her! Help me think" Hikari pleaded as he looked at all of us, desperation held across his face. "How is merely thinking about it going to solve anything?" Tsumugu then questioned without hesitation, Hikari let out a small gasp to his forward words. "This time is different, we're not waking Mukaido, we're trying to find Shioshishio, this is love." Tsumugu then stated with narrowed eyes.

"But if we don't at least try do something, then.." Hikari's outburst was soon cut off "I just wonder if, maybe it's really a bad thing? Not being able to fall in love." Kaname interrupted, blankly responding without any expression. Miuna let out a deep gasp and snapped her head to look at him with anger. "Manaka appears to be happy and she doesn't seem disturbed that she lost it" Kaname quickly explained his reasoning for what he had said, but it still felt wrong.

Hikari stood up from his cushion with frustration "but that's not the issue here!" As he yelled out, Kaname then turned to face me. "How would you feel, [Yn]?" His question had caught me off guard immediately. Letting out a small mutter, my gaze dropped down to the floor "well, I'm not really sure..I might be relived, if you can't fall in love you can't be hurt by it either" I spoke honestly before adding more on "however, being able to love is a truly amazing feeling, why would you wanna give that up?"

"[Yn] is right with the first part..I'd prefer not to fall in love and take the risk of being hurt" Chisaki nodded along with my first comment, slightly parting my lips I then frowned while gazing down at my lap. "What the hell!?" Hikari looked at Chisaki and I with bubbling anger, it was as if he totally discarded the second part of what I had said. "As I said Hikari, I'd be relieved to not have the feeling but also, I wouldn't just wanna give it up like that!" I objectified, clenching my fists.

"I want to help Manaka, the best part of her was her love for everything, can she really be herself is she doesn't have that trait anymore?" I questioned with my eyebrows furrowed and my lips parted into a frown, I then glanced around the room to spot for people who agreed. Sayu was the first as she quietly nodded "exactly! [Yn] gets it!" She then beamed at me with a glowing aura, she was happy that someone understood how serious this could be for Manaka.

"Look, I think this sort of thing is going to be different from person to person" Kaname then let out a small sigh. "This isn't a typical problem that we all just solve like we usually do" Kaname had more to say before he was entirely cut off by Sayu who was now sat up from her cushion. "How selfish can you be!" She yelled out, "sayu?" Miuna looked up at her friend with concern. Sayu was the type to get angry easy but this was a different type of anger, she was really frustrated at what Kaname had just said.

"Saying she's better off not being able to love someone! Huh? Have you even asked Manaka how she feels?!" Sayu teared up, throwing her fists around as she screamed at him. "Calm down" Kaname frowned as he watched the girl, not really putting the effort in to reassure her of her doubts. "You haven't! She's fine not knowing?! Stop pretending to be mature when you're just a kid like the rest of us! You're stupid!" Sayu couldn't grasp her air at this point anymore, she was too upset.

Kaname's eyes widened, his lips parted as he watched the girl leave the room, he hadn't expected such an outburst. "Sayu!" Miuna stood up, calling her name before chasing right after her. At all the commotion, it earned Hikari a frown "I can't believe it, I just don't understand you" he quickly glared at both Chisaki and I. "What? I said I wanted to help Manaka!" I protested with a stern expression, upset that I was getting blamed for no reason. "You still said you'd be relieved, what's up with that?" Hikari hissed before shaking his head.