Vol.2 Chapter 8 A little luck

Start from the beginning

"Stop chit-chat, girls. Kuku." That guy behind class C said. "Ishizaki, go inside now. Kuku."

"Yes, Ryuen-San."

Ryuen. This name reminded Horikita. Ichinose said about him, didn't she? She told Horikita that Ryuen was class C's leader.

Now, Horikita was sure Ryuen wasn't an ordinary person. Even Ishizaki seemed to be humble with him.

Ishizaki knocked on the student council room's door.

After a moment, the door was opened. Secretary Tachibana walked out of the room. When she saw them, she looked surprised.

"Ara, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"What do you mean? We came here to the trial!" Ishizaki said.

"Eh?" Tachibana tilted her head, then, she asked someone in the room. "Prez! Do we have any trial today?"

Horikita was frozen when she saw her brother come out of the room.

"You should be the one who checks the schedule, shouldn't you?" He asked Tachibana.

"It's Kiriyama's duty, President, but since he was attacked..." 

Horikita didn't understand why everyone looked at her.

Horikita Manabu sighed he went into the room and came back a minute later.

"No, we have no trial today." He said. 

"What!?" Kondo shouted. "You told us you will judge our case today."

The president looked around, he saw his sister and Sudo, so he recognized that case now.

"I said that, but you have dropped the suit already, haven't you?"

Everyone there was surprised. The smile on Ryuen's face disappeared immediately. 

"W---what do you mean!?" Ishizaki protested.

"I mean what I mean." The president glared at Tachibana, she started explaining.

"This morning, we got called from Ishizaki Daichi, telling us they want to drop the petition."

His comrade gazed at Ishizaki. He shook his head frantically.

"No way, it has to be someone pretending to be me!"

"Well, we recorded the conversation too!"

Tachibana took off her phone and started playing record.

It was Ishizaki's voice.

"Hello, I'm Ishizaki Daichi, class 1-C. I want to drop the petition."

Ishizaki's eye turned wide.

"Ishizaki! You betrayed us!?" Kondo grabbed Ishizaki's shirt.

"No, no way! I'm with you for all day, how can I----" He realized something.

"Maybe----that call."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oi, Ishizaki! Let's go to get some lunch!" Kondo said he was standing at the class's door.

"Wait a minute---" Ishizaki replied, his eyes were on his phone. 

"Come on! Manabe-Chan was waiting for us!" Kondo spoke. "If we're late, that nerd Kaneda will get her!"

When he saw his friend didn't move, Kondo walked toward him and asked. "What're you doing, Ishizaki?"