17. Alphabet Mafia

Comincia dall'inizio

"Okay now once I'm down on the ground, you're going to swing your other leg over and scoot down and fall but I'll be there to catch you." She instructs once more and I nod watching her get down with ease landing on her feet almost silently. "Come on." She whispers and I do as I was told scooting down eventually falling down but my hands ended up holding onto Skylar's shoulders and she held onto my waist. "Good job Beans." She let go and I did too smiling. I've held onto her before but that was the first time she's held onto me. Even her hands are warm but not like clammy warm.

I followed her to the edge of the pool that was lit up by purple LED lights, it's very aesthetic, I love it. She dropped her bag and immediately started to undress. Oh my, I cupped my hand over my eyes giving her privacy, "You can look Beans I know you want to." She teases and I hear her get into the water, "Uh- um- no." I stuttered removing my hand, I can just see her black bikini, she has a nice body. "It's okay you can admit it." She smirks and I quickly shake my head, she can't read my thoughts, right? I hope not. I didn't want to look right? What's wrong with me?

"Come on get in, the water feels great." She floats on her back while I continued to stand. "I think I'm good here." I point at my spot, "Why? The water is a lot more fun." She bounces her eyebrows, "I don't want to get wet." I made an excuse, "Ha that's what she said." She chuckled, I can't believe she made that joke. I tried to keep my laugh in as I sat on the grass that borders the pool, "Come on Beans, I know you want to get in here too." She swims closer to me hanging onto the edge of the pool. "I do want to get in trust me." I'm just self-conscious and insecure, it took me forever just to put my swimsuit on.

"Get in then, it's just you and me, Mr. John is the only one who lives here and he's barely home anyway, he's actually on a business trip right now. I got you." She reassures me with a soft smile that disappears as she dips her head in the water, I want to see it again. "Here, I'll turn around and you can get in when you want to." I see her spin the water and I take a deep breath stripping myself, I've been fine while running in just my spanks and sports bra because I'm a blur when people drive, they don't see much at all. I'm a blur and they can't see the details on my body.

I looked down at my body that's in a dark blue bikini and I immediately covered my lower abdomen. There are so my stretch marks. I was a chubby kid growing up, then my mom noticed the marks on my body, underneath my stomach, my inner thighs, also under my buttcheeks. I've hated them since I discovered them. Skylar still had her back turned and I got into the water, she was right it does feel great. "Can I turn around now?" She laughs, "Yeah." I crossed my arms over my shoulders covering my chest.

"So? You like this?" She asks and I nod moving my legs to keep me afloat. "Can you tell me more about your childhood?" She moves closer to me and I feel my face get warm trying to avoid looking into the water, "You want to know more?" I question, my childhood isn't exciting. "Yeah, I want to know more about young Beans." She smiles and I couldn't help but smile too. "Okay fine but it's only fair if I get to hear about your childhood too, so what do you want to know?" I say, "I don't know, everything, what did you do growing up? How you grew up? How did you know you were a part of the 'alphabet mafia'." She did air quotes.

"Well, I was inside a lot. I had babysitters growing up my parents worked full time and had long hours so I spent a lot of time in my room but I didn't mind it, I was a chubby baby as my parents put it, a belly, and all. Whenever I did go outside it was to run errands with my mom but at school I read a lot and I was in my middle school library hiding in a corner to read in peace and that's where I met Carmen, we've been friends since sixth grade. I wasn't a lonely kid or anything but it probably looked like it from an outside view. My parents are really heavy on me when it comes to school and grades because that's how they grew up, they're only lawyers because that's what their parents, my grandparents, wanted them to be. And they're slowly pushing me to go down that route too." I let go of my shoulder spreading them out to float better.