{25}

Lol I got recommended my own story today

//

Philza was probably the nicest person you'd ever met.

You hadn't met him before in the years you spent with Tommy and Wilbur, but  you'd heard from Wilbur that he was Wilbur's father and Tommy's father-figure.

Philza and Techno were old friends, as was explained briefly when brought up during the hugs and "how are you" s when Technoblade brought the small group to his cottage-like home in the snowy tundra.

The queerest part of all this was the fact that Philza seemed to have some sort of recognition towards Y/N. Like he'd seen her before and wasn't quite sure where to place her in his memories.

Which wasn't too far off from Y/Ns feelings either.

Like she'd known him once, for just a moment, but couldn't place where and when.

"Y/N, come inside, you'll catch a cold like that." The girl was shaken from her thoughts and Punz pay her shoulder, heading inside the house along with the others.

She follow suit and listened as Techno and Tommy exchanged tales of their adventures in the years they hadn't seen each other, while Tubbo was busy showing Philza a drawing of a bee he'd done in his notebook.

The small home was just big enough to fit everyone and not be squished, along with an incredibly large white pillow over by the fireplace.

She could've sworn she'd seen it move.

Could just be the heat waves from the fire.

Punz sat down at the table, watching Y/N as she silently took in the look of the place, an amused smile on his face.

"What's up with you? You seem quieter than usual." He pulled her from her thoughts again as he spoke and she lifted her head.

"... Just distracted." She sighed, giving him half a glance as she communicated.

"Distracted on what?" He pressed, sliding out of his chair to come over and stand next to her, hoping to gain her attention.

She glanced as he stood up, but didn't make eye contact. "Does it matter? I'm just distracted."

Punz scoffed, his eyes narrowing. "Yeah it does matter. You're a friend and I'd like to help if I can. You don't have to be defensive." He crossed his arms, staring straight at her as she sighed heavily, letting her head drop as she focused for a moment.

"I'm just stressed about our current situation, Punz. I just found out I've been knocked out for a week and Dream is seemingly trying to capture and or kill me. Not doing so hot right now."  She rolled her eyes, stepping away to sit down at the table, but Punz grabbed her arm and held her back.

"Y/N, come on. I made a promise to George I'd keep you safe, I just want to make sure you're not freaking out."

Y/N tensed, but turned her head to look him over.

"George?"

"Yeah. He and Sapnap are really worried about you. Especially now that Dream is basically hunting you."

It was a little hard to believe that the two cared enough to ask Punz to keep her safe, but art the same time, she couldn't help but be extremely thankful towards them for caring so much.

But then why didn't they come themselves? We're they worried Dream would find them and follow them?

Didn't Punz have a contract with Dream?

Y/N pulled her arm out of Punz's grasp, much to his surprise. She stared at him, hard, as she studied him.

"Why do you care?" She questioned, her eyes narrowing into a glare.

Punz looked shocked as he blinked, opening his mouth to speak, but never getting the chance as Tommy barreled into Y/N shouting obnoxiously.

"Y/N!! Come outside and sword fight with me so I can prove to Techno I've improved!!!" He wrapped his arms around her tightly, nearly suffocating her in a hug.

She struggled for a moment before pushing him off, letting out an annoyed sighed as she muttered. "Always at the wrong time.."

Tommy didn't seem to notice and just waited eagerly for her answer, and she ruffled his messy blonde hair, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves.

"Sure, Tommy. Just give me a minute." She answered and Tommy laughed triumphantly, throwing a fist in the air as he grabbed Tubbo and Techno's hands and dragged them outside into the cold snow, yelling profanities about how he was going to beat Techno and be the 'best PvP player ever'.

Y/N glanced at Punz with an untrusting eye, and he met it with one just as discriminating, before she turned to Philza-who was sitting comfortably by the fire reading a book-and cleared her throat to get his attention.

"Do you have any spare swords I can borrow? Tommy wants to spar." Philza chuckled and pointed to a rack hanging on the wall. Two iron swords were hanging there, both labeled 'Syndicate Training'. "You can use those. We won't need them for a long while and iron is easy to repair."

Y/N pulled down the two sword, the handle fitting a bit large in her hand, but it would work.

"Syndicate?" She read off the swords inscription. Philza looked up from his book slightly startled and quickly added. "Technoblade's signature. It's to make sure only people who know him personally will know it belongs to him. Keeps the bad guys out of our stuff, you know?" Y/N nodded at the plausible explanation, and walked out towards the door, giving Punz a cold look as she passed him and heading outside.

Tommy was resting Tubbo on the ground as Techno watched, giving them each instructions on how to be more precise and effective with their moves.

The moment Tommy saw Y/N had come outside he scramble up off if Tubbo and ran towards her, jumping excitedly as he grinned.

"Hell yeah I'm gonna wreck both of you and THEN we'll see who's the strongest!" Tommy glared at Techno, who raised his eyebrows in an amused smile.

"Sure Tommy. A stick figure with blonde hair is more powerful than a piglin with 200 pounds of muscle trained to be perfect at fighting, and nicknamed the Blood God." Techno rolled his eyes and tousled Tommy's hair, earning a disgruntled string of profanities from the young boy.

Y/N rolled her eyes and tossed Tommy one of the swords, gripping the other in her hands.

"Alright alright, enough chit chat. Let me see what you've learned." Y/N could see the smug grin spread across Tommy's face as he readies himself with the iron sword.