{18}

What are Eret's pronouns :? /genq
I used they/them in this chapter because I don't want to assume their gender and I've seen mixed answers asfaghs TwT

//

Tommy had dragged Wilbur away from the conversation to speak with him, leaving Tubbo and the two strangers to converse with Y/N.

Which was... Awkward, to say the least.

"Hey Tubbo?"

Y/N watch as the young boy looked up from nervously picking at his nails, his eyes wide in curiosity and anxiety.

He didn't reply and just waited for her to continue.

The girl sighed heavily, closing her eyes for a moment. "Did you... Actually ask them to meet up with me..? That's what was said in the note but... You haven't said anything since I got here." She glanced over at Tommy and Wilbur, who looked to be having a heated conversation.

Tubbo dropped his gaze momentarily, his cheeks dusting pink as he fumbled over his words.

"Y...yeah... I just wanted to know if it was true..." Y/N could hear the pain in his voice, and it tugged on her memory a bit.

She could've sworn she'd heard that statement before.

But where..?

"Did you really team up with Dream?"

Tubbo asked, looking up from the grass again to meet her eyes.

She held her stare for a moment with him before closing her eyes and running a hand through her hair.

"I wouldn't say that exactly... I'm more here for George and Sapnap. I barely know Dream and we aren't on the best of terms at the moment." She let go a breath she'd been holding, suddenly feeling very annoyed at the mention of Dream.

If she was honest with herself, Dream gave her bad vibes almost constantly. Rarely did he do something that wasn't a bit off in her eyes.

"Do you... Ever plan on coming back...?" Rubbish voice broke her from her thoughts and she looked up, realizing Tubbo had shuffled a bit closer.

"... I can't really say. With this war going on it seems like everything's very jumbled and confusing. Not to mention one of you apparently burned down Dream's house."

Tubbo flinched at that, glancing back at Tommy with the tiniest glare.

" I told him not to... I knew you'd be there too and I didn't want you to get hurt..." He mumbled, but perked up as he remembered something. "Oh!! But I did save the cat!!! I saw her stuck on a beam that was burning so I grabbed her." He seemed so proud of himself for saving the cat that Y/N couldn't help but smile and chuckle.

"That was very kind, Tubbo. I'm sure Patches appreciated the help." She reached out to ruffled Tubbo brown hair, but as her hand got close, the stranger with glasses snatched her wrist and held it away from Tubbo's head.

"Don't touch him."

Their voice was deeper than Wilbur's, but they we're clearly from England via their accent.

Tubbo looked shock, and tugged on the person coat. "It's fine Eret, she won't hurt me... Probably..."

"Eret" seemed unconvinced, but released her wrist, still standing between her and Tubbo with their arms crossed.

"Wilbur asked me to keep her at a distance, Tubbo. We don't know what Dream's planning, and how deep into his plans she is." They spoke about her like she wasn't standing right next to them and she scoffed.

"I don't think anyone knows Dream's plans. He's vague as fuck." Y/N crossed her arms as she stood her ground, glaring up at the taller person. Eret shot her a quick glare (which she barely caught through his shaded glasses), and pulled Tubbo back a bit, much to the boys dissatisfaction.

"Cone on Tubbo, Fundy will keep Y/N busy. I need to talk to you." Eret didn't wait for Tubbo's reply and started dragging Tubbo off to a corner, and spoke to "Fundy" for a moment before carrying on.

The orange haired man glanced at Y/N nervously, and his hat shifted as she sent him a small, slightly annoyed wave.

How did his hat shift? He hadn't you he'd it and there was barely any wind today. Maybe it had been at an awkward angle - although she was completely skeptical about that.

"Fundy, right?" She asked, and the man nodded. "Yup. You're the Y/N I keep hearing about?" He tilted his head, and she could've sworn she saw a flash of orange behind the guys legs.

"Yeah. I bet they we'rent positive things." She sighed, looking up at the cloudless sky. The sun had risen enough that she knew the boys were probably awake by now. She just hoped Punz had told them where she was at, and not that she'd run away or something.

"It was positive when I was a kid, but uh... N-not so much anymore..." He rubbed the back of his neck, eyes averted to the ground.

"Right." Y/N hummed quietly, but her eyes shot back to the people in front of her when Wilbur's voice called to her.

"Y/N. We need to talk."

She raised a brow and gestured to the space around them.

"I thought that's what we were doing in the first place."

She could practically feel him seething, even though they were still twenty feet apart.

"We need to talk about George and Sapnap."

This couldn't be good.