{3}

"Drop the sword!"

Y/N tensed as Tommy raised his voice, scaring Patches, who ran off into the bushes towards home.

She sighed heavily, her expression clearly bored at the teenagers antics.

She refused him an answer, but she couldn't resist either. He had a bow and she was too far away to knock it out of his hands or charge him and get too close for a shot.

Letting the netherite tool drop to the ground with a thud, she raised her hands in front of her, showing she no longer had it or any other weapons.

Tommy scowled at her, bow held tightly in his hands.

His face was focused and angry, but his body language told her he was nervous-possibly even scared.

"I'm not here to fight." She let herself smile calmly, hoping to calm him down enough to get out of this situation.

"Like hell you aren't. I heard about the deal you made with those bastards. You're fighting against us." Tommy snapped back, his hand shifting on his bow, gripping it tighter. He honestly just looked even more pissed off now, but it quickly faded into a look of hurt, though he kept trying to hide it behind an angry voice.

"You betrayed us, you told me and Tubbo you would protect us!"

"Tommy-"

"No! Shut up! I'm the one in charge now. And you're coming with me-"

An arrow whistled past Tommy's head, embedding itself into the tree beside him he flinched back, dropping his aim in surprise and Y/N took the chance to act.

She prayed whoever sent that arrow was on her side.

With a quick motion she ducked down low enough to miss the arrow Tommy sent towards her, picking up her sword from the ground on her way back up. She kicked him backwards, sending him to the floor as she raised her sword.

She held her tip of the sword to Tommy's throat, towering over him as he lay on the ground looking royally ticked off. She kept her foot pressed against his arm to keep him down.

"I told you I would protect my friends. You and Tubbo stopped being my friends when you stole land from Sapnap and George." Her voice chilled the air and Tommy stopped struggling, his eyes filled with pain and anger.

"You coward! You'd choose those bastards over us!?" Tommy snapped, attempting to struggle out of her grasp, but as she pressed the sword closer to his neck he breathed in slowly and lay still. He muttered curses under his breath, trying to contain his anger so she wouldn't cut him.

Y/N leaned down, her voice hushed in defiance.

"I am many things, Tommy. But I am not a coward. A coward does not risk everything for people they love."

'A coward would claim he was doing people justice while stealing from another. Just like you and Wilbur did. You two are cowards, not me.'  It was a nasty thought but it how she felt. Tommy had broken her trust when he sides with Wilbur after he announced L'manburg.

"Fuck off, you haven't risked anything, all you've done is make things easier for yourself!" Tommy spat back, his face contorting into rage as she pressed the sword even closer to him. She was getting irritated with him. He wasn't listening to her and she hated that she had to speak to get her point across because her hands were busy keeping his at bay.

He glared up at her, eyes full of fire. "Are you going to kill me? Slit my throat so your pals can have what they want? They'd want you to. He's done it before you know, Dream killed me in a bow duel."