{8}

Hehehe foreshadowing is fun :)
You ever rewrite a chapter six times because you keep going too far? Yeah.

(POV: Y/N)
Back to my gal omg pog <3

Y/N didn't get much sleep that night, still being rather frazzled by the encounter with Tommy and Dream.

She managed to get enough to function though, so she opted to get up early that morning and go downstairs.

She found Sapnap standing in the hallway, leaned against the wall and flicking a small box lighter on and off in his hands.

His head raised as he heard her footsteps and smiled as she approached. "Hey! Get any sleep last night?" She shrugged, slightly bored. "Ah, I understand. Last night was kinda odd for all of us. I'm surprised Dream isn't up right now, actually." He commented, his attention flickering back to the box lighter as he stuffed it into his pocket.

"Want something to eat? I think we've got some bread and stuff to make breakfast sandwiches."

She raised a brow at the odd choice of food, but nodded and followed him down the stairs when he beckoned for her to follow.

He opened the door to the kitchen for her, standing aside and following suite as she stepped in. He opened a couple of the cabinets and grabbing a few items before opening the bread container and setting things aside.

He broke the comfortable silence with a question.

"Hey uh... How-...how long are you planning on staying?" He asked, clearing his throat in an attempt not to stutter too much.

Y/N raised her brow, leaning against the counter with her arms crossed.

"As long as you need me." She signed, giving her companion a curious look when he sighed.

"Y/N, we'll always need you. That doesn't mean anything."

His words caught her off guard, her eyes widening with a slight part of her lips.

Her gaze lifted to meet his, which stared back at her with a soft expression, but there was a hint of sadness behind his dark eyes.

She searches him for some hint of amusement, perhaps just a joke of some sort, but there was none, he was completely serious.

"You and George did fine without me." He lifted a brow and chuckled. "He sleeps all day and I'm a pyromaniac. How is that fine?" She let out a brisk 'tch.' before leaning forwards off the counter.

She went to grab a slice of bread off the counter to munch on while he finished the sandwiches, but Sapnap's hand met her halfway and slipped back to her palm, catching her and then pulling her forwards so she was inches away from his face.

She blinked, startled by the action but not fearful that Sapnap would try anything stupid. She knew she could take him, and he knew that too.

"I know you care. You don't have to be so closed off all the time." He offered quietly, still holding her hand.

Y/N's gaze hardened slightly and she attempted to pull away, but it only brought her closer, to the point she was a bit uncomfortable.

"Is this about Dream? Is that why you're being stubborn and distant?" He pressed on, his own eyes narrowing into a glare.

She shook her head, refusing him a verbal answer.

"Is it... Is it about Tommy?"

...

Part of her wanted to slap him right then and there for bringing up the blonde teen, but his grip on her hand forced her to think of other options.

She dared not push him back, there was a knife block right behind him and she didn't want to injure him, she just wanted him off.

To the side was the table, so she couldn't go that way either, and suplexing him wasn't an option because she'd just wind up hurting herself in the process and she wasn't confident enough in her skills to to it anyway.

Sapnap must have caught her calculating gaze because his hold in her hand lessened as he brought it down to their sides, but not enough that she could step out of his grasp.

"Y/N are you scared of them?" He asked his expression changing from stern to a cold sort of sorrow. Almost a pitying Express. It made her feel sick.

Without hesitation she ripped her hand from his grasp, making him stumble forwards from the pull and she stepped back, far enough out if his reach but not enough to seem as though she was cowering.

Her anger at his aggressive pestering got the best of her, and without thinking she snapped.

"Stop."

Sapnap backed up slightly, raising his hands in defense.

"Why are you so persistent in keeping secrets? What happened to you?" He pestered, clearly getting irritated with her refusals.

"Because it's none of your business what happened to me!!" Y/N's voice wasn't used to being loud and she coughed, clearing the tension in her throat while sending a glare to Sapnap.

She pushed past him and out of the kitchen, ignoring his protests as she walked to the front door and out of the house.

//

Short chapter but it's early and I have a thing to give u guys :D

I made a discord where I'll be posting wips and possible plot lines and it's a place for you guys to chat in! I'd love to see you there <3

https://discord.gg/Gs2EweGrsF