Chapter 75 - What Happened?

Start from the beginning

"Alright. Tell Hawks that I look like Eraserhead but without the scarf and better."

"...will do. Focus on the task at hand."

The bitch hangs up on me, and I put my phone away. I didn't want to talk to her anyway.

Now that I am back in the shitty, I find myself curled up in a corner on the roof. I don't know when that happened, but that's besides the fact. Being here is fucking dangerous, especially when my brain had to do a restart.

With that in mind, I feel like I am going to have a mental breakdown at any minute. Therefore, I need to be careful of that as well. Yay!

I stand up and switch to another rooftop, keeping an eye on Shigaraki. Just like before my disassociation episode, he is dusting people up.

However, something is different. He feels different. More powerful. More dangerous.

When a group rushes at him, Shigaraki only touches one person, yet the entire group disappears.

He doesn't need to touch someone to disintegrate them anymore. They just need to be connected somehow. Did his quirk go through an awakening?

For those unaware, an awakening is when you are put in a traumatic situation. Therefore, your quirk evolves to be stronger. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on someone quirkless, but it works on a villain that really needs to be in jail right now.

I can hardly believe it. Actually, I barely believe any of this. I'm waiting to wake up from this nightmare, yet nothing is happening.

Why do I have to be so goddamn weak that I can't stop this? Why do I have to let these dumbasses kill each other-?

Breathe, Izuku. I need to focus.

Blood and dust decorates the area, and I am forced to watch and move to keep an eye on Shigaraki because this man has just become so much more lethal.

Then, things get worse.

Out of nowhere, a bunch of Twices come running out of nowhere and fighting everyone. It takes me a moment to realize that this isn't a nightmare once more. There are at least hundreds of Twices flooding the streets.

Twice's quirk is duplicate. He can create a duplicate of something as long as he knows the measurements of it. It certainly wouldn't be a stretch that he can use it on himself. From the camp experience, we learned that these duplicates can use the quirks of the people they are based on since a duplicate Dabi was still able to create fire. Put it on himself, and his clones can creates clones about themselves over and over.

That's an extremely dangerous tool to have. I knew he could do this to some extent.

But this?

Come on, God.

The fighting continues until I see them start to run. They still kill people obviously, but they are going somewhere. Where the fuck do they need to go?

Actually, why are they here at all? They have to have a reason. These people must have something they want.

Either way, I follow from the rooftops, swallowing down the variety of emotions crawling up my throat.

It doesn't take long for them to reach the tallest building in the city and enter. That must be the main headquarters building. Ironic.

I consider going in for a hot second, but I decide that I rather not go inside a building full of villains fighting each other with the risk of being involved myself. The cameras should be recording inside anyway, so no biggy.